Job title: Writing and Creative Communications Specialist
Company: Cayuga Centers
Job description: Earn between $60,000 – $65,000 annually, 3 weeks vacation, 10 calendar holidays (Includes 1 floating holiday), 3 personal days off with pay, and up to 80 sick days.
Under the direction of the VP of Community and Agency Communications, the Writing and Creative Communications Specialist will be responsible for the creation of written and multimedia content that is tailored to internal and external targeted audiences and supports the mission of the organization.
- Create, edit and proofread copy and digital content across all communications platforms
Produce content that supports the mission of the organization including video productions, podcasts, graphics, ads, photography, copywriting and materials * Provide professional translation English/Spanish and produce bilingual content when appropriate
- Plans, develops, executes project specific copy with targeted messaging for internal and external stakeholders
- Execute and manage internal and external communication’s strategies through the organization’s website and digital platforms
- Build writing skills across the agency
- Respond to program/department needs in a timely fashion
- Responsible for maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information of service recipients in any form (e.g. computer access, conversations, documentation) during and surviving the termination, expiration or cancellation of employment/association with Cayuga Centers
- Responsible for complying with rule and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate levels of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information
- Perform other duties as requested by program supervisors, your immediate supervisor and agency leadership
- Take proactive steps to ensure effective use of resources and coordinate with other departments to ensure the effectiveness of content
- Respond in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency’s service population
- 40 hours, exempt position
- Regular hours entail Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Must be flexible to meet program needs
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Demonstrated success in producing digital and media content
- Strong copywriting, editing and digital media experience
- Ability to execute multiple projects with short deadlines
- Strong skills in content development and design tools, Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience in human services strongly preferred
- Bilingual English – Spanish
- Ability to travel to other agency locations as required
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
In accordance with federal, state & local laws, we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
Expected salary: $60000 – 65000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 03:54:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!