Job title: Workflow Software Engineer
Company: Aria Systems
Job description: Title: Workflow Software Engineer
Department: Professional Services
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Adobe, Allstate, Comcast, Subaru, and Telstra depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
The Aria Workflow team works within Professional Services to build custom SaaS services, dashboards, reports, rule sets and other controls that enhance and extend billing functionality. Aria Workflow components have all the complexity and capabilities of a modern coding language, but are implemented far faster than traditional code. Aria Workflow solutions are useful, essential, performant and innovative – embodying the best practices of software development, business process automation, and product design.
Workflow team members regularly partner with or support other Aria teams, including professional services, customer care, quality assurance, product, operations, sales and marketing.
Workflow software engineers use no-code workflow software and proprietary tools to create SaaS services, user interfaces, actionable reports, rulesets and dashboards in a fraction of the time needed for developing with code. Aria Workflow no-code tools have all the complexity and capabilities of a modern coding language, but are intuitive, supportable, and easily interpretable by human beings.
Our engineers work hand-in-hand with QA engineers, solution architects, implementation consultants and the customers themselves to build processes that are secure, reliable and performant. Workflow team members embody the best practices of customer-centric software development and regularly partner with other Aria teams, including professional services, customer care, quality assurance, product, operations, sales and marketing.
Workflow engineers at every level build trust and reliability on a foundation of computer science and professional software development principles, whether acquired academically, professionally or through direct experience.
We are looking for a mindful, smart and enterprising no-code software engineer who loves technology, remembers the details, and strives for excellence in all that they do. The person who will thrive in this role will be: * A present and engaged team player.
- A great listener, clear speaker, diligent note taker and thoughtful questioner.
- Adaptive to changing circumstances and obstacles.
- Focused on the mission and project goals.
- Adept at building mental models and imagining “what-if” scenarios.
- A problem solver.
- Conscious at all times of time management.
- Ready, willing, and able to take responsibility for customer satisfaction and success.
- Committed to software engineering best practices.
As a workflow software engineer, you will be a principal developer or co-developer of custom billing-related software services for multiple projects. In collaboration with solution architects, implementation consultants and QA engineers, you will be responsible transforming functional requirements into enterprise-quality software that meets all success criteria and is fully documented and tested.
You will also estimate levels of effort from high-level designs, identify possible risks, support data migration and customer UAT efforts, as well as participate in strategic initiatives to improve our platform and our services practices.
- Maintain a strong level of billable utilization and focus on all deliverables.
- Own the functional success of medium to large workflow solutions.
- Acquire and maintain expert proficiency with the Decisions.com no-code platform, as well as the products and projects built on it.
- Design, develop, test, maintain, update and document workflow solutions, including writing customer support handoff documents and configuration guides when necessary.
- Maintain version-controlled code and follow all best practices for revision management and release control.
- Understand and question customer requirements, high level solution designs, and success criteria.
- Participate and occasionally lead technical discussions with internal Aria teams and external partners.
- Identify risks and assumptions of a proposed solution and estimate a complete level of effort, from development day one to production release.
- Estimate, test, diagnose and optimize operational performance of workflow solutions.
- Review others’ code and suggest the correct optimizations for the given use cases.
- Support and enable best practices in workflow development, troubleshooting and support.
- Design and develop integrations with new complex 3rd party integrated systems.
- Debug complex problems involving 3rd party integrated systems.
- Attend and contribute to company development meetings.
- Work on major bug fixes to others’ solutions.
- Respond to requests from the development team and support fellow team members.
- Submit timecards and regular status reports on time, all the time.
- Maintain online availability during standard business hours and promptly respond to messages off-hours as needed.
- Assist the workflow solutions manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Full professional fluency (Level 4) of spoken and written English.
- Professional working proficiency with the Decisions platform.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience building Software-as-a-Service as part of a team, including:
- REST Services and integrations.
- Logging and error handling.
- Code revision management.
- Testing and test case management.
- Gathering and managing requirements and success criteria.
- Resolving code conflicts.
- Documentation writing and upkeep.
- Self-managing development tasks.
- Professional experience using relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment when implementing software designs.
- Demonstrated ability to write about complex ideas and situations in a clear, complete, unambiguous and well-organized fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to speak about complex ideas in a clear, complete, unambiguous and well-ordered fashion.
- Familiar with Agile, Waterflow and ITIL development frameworks.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming.
- Proficient in algorithm design and optimization.
- Proficient in data structure design.
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries (including joins).
- Experience reading/writing XML and JSON.
- Excellent investigative and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization, time management and planning skills.
- The capacity to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, as needed (typically less than 20%).
- 4 years of professional experience building Software-as-a-Service in the Decisions platform, or 4 years professional software engineering experience.
- Advanced experience building Software-as-a-Service as part of a team, including:
- User interfaces, dashboards and reports.
- Threaded processing.
- Asynchronous processing and scheduled jobs.
- Communication layer troubleshooting
- Looking up hostnames and IP addresses.
- Checking application server resources.
- Creating and managing security certificates.
- Troubleshooting authentication errors.
- Entrepreneurial or enterprise consultant experience.
- Expert proficiency with the Decisions platform.
- Experience in billing (i.e. financial systems, payment processors, tax engines, etc…).
- Experience handling sensitive data in a secure manner.
- Experience using encryption / decryption protocols (PGP, TSL).
- Experience integrating 3rd party software with SaaS services.
- Experience using messaging platforms, such as SQS, Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Experience building services hosted within Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems.
- Experience using and investigating issues related to Windows IIS.
- Experience troubleshooting issues related to SQL Server.
- Experience developing rules-based process automation.
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation, self-direction and cultural addition. As a fast-growing company we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at .
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond to this ad.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 22:33:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!