Job title: Wayfair Warehouse Dock Admin I
Job description: Dock Admin I
Wayfair is proud to expand to Romeoville, IL, where community matters! We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
Hourly Pat Rate
- Sunday – Wednesday 6:00AM – 4:30PM
- Wednesday – Saturday 6:00AM – 4:30PM
What You’ll Do
- The Dock Admin will be responsible for checking in and out trucks, managing the flow of trucks into and out of the building, auditing the yard, updating time critical documents, running reports, and communicating with various teams.
- Physically check in and out all trailers entering/exiting the yard and log trailer status. Log includes trailer number, seal number, trailer status (full or empty), tractor number, load number, date and time.
- Audit all inbound and outbound trailers on a log sheet.
- Arrive and/or dispatch the loads into warehouse, transportation and yard management systems.
- Complete a daily yard check and reconcile the yard check with yard inventory.
- Plan and communicate trailer movement in the yard to the switchers, dock managers, and transportation planners.
- Direct drivers to appropriate locations in the yard for the drop-off and pick-up of trailers.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, and documentation.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment and a steady flow into the building.
What You’ll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Service and/or warehousing and fulfillment experience.
- Ability to work all shifts and work overtime as required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, computer screen, telephone headset and telephone system.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10 hours.
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations.
- Due to the nature of this position, flexibility is required for the work environment as you will be working inside an office, outside during all seasons and weather conditions, and in the warehouse.
Benefits (Starting Day 1)
- Referral bonus
- Overtime hours & pay
- Job Security
- 401(k) with company match
- Wayfair company discount
- Heath benefits start day one
- Growth opportunities (Conversions, Promotions, and more!)
The safety of employees remains our #1 priority and is at the heart of every decision made. We have taken a variety of steps to ensure that Wayfair is one of the safest places to work.
- Guidelines to help employees maintain proper social distancing
- Providing and requiring suitable PPE such as masks, gloves, and safety vests.
- Increased sanitizing stations, as well as, improved professional sanitization of each facility.
- Daily temperature checks for the protection of all employees.
Keywords: dock clerk, yard management, dock manager, dock admin, dock lead, warehouse admin
Expected salary: $21 per hour
Location: Romeoville, IL
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 06:35:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!