Job title: VP, Global Markets – Corporate Banking
Company: BMO Financial Group
Job description: Address: 111 W Monroe – 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group: Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarkets
The Global Markets-Corporate Banking Vice President supports the origination and structuring of trading products transactions, with primary focus on commodity derivatives and various investment and securities financing transactions. Responsible for underwriting, obtaining credit approvals, and ongoing portfolio management. Works closely with other Global Markets representatives and coordinates with other product groups and internal stakeholders as an integral part of a larger coverage team that maintains strong client relationships.
- Completes due diligence and credit analysis on new and existing client relationships. May include client due diligence calls, analysis of financial statements, and comprehensive view of industry trends and related regulations.
- Operates as a key member of the deal team with efforts to identify/deliver creative, timely solutions that maximize sector penetration and returns.
- Understands the needs of clients and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Structures and negotiates transactions concurrently with Global Markets partners.
- Breaks down strategic problems and analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Maintains awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitates means of receiving continuous updates.
- Generates updated financial models/analyses as business needs and industry requirements dictate.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial report/analyses to support client deliverables.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares concise, accurate and well-reasoned credit documentation (including applications, memoranda, presentations, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Obtains credit concurrence for Global Market transactions.
- Review legal documentation for conformity with approved credit terms and conditions.
- Reviews and continually monitors performance of existing accounts and client relationships in the portfolio.
- Monitors client, industry, and regulatory agencies for potential changes which may affect client’s portfolio and business needs.
- Makes decisions based on a strong understanding of risks; effectively evaluates risk-return trade-offs, and proactively takes accountability for risks assumed.
- Considers risk, internal controls, financing guidelines and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Understand the transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal/compliance, etc.).
- Balances the Bank’s risk appetite with the client needs in making recommendations/proposals.
- Acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides feedback on and supports continuous improvement opportunities.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Identifies and delivers on opportunities to improve client experience; brings in partners where appropriate.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Reviews and guides work of Analysts and Associates to deliver business results.
- Identifies and leverages key decision makers and influencers in client/internal organizations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Works with specialists as needed to support successful deal completion.
- Grows/elevates the BMO and BMO Capital Markets brand with a commitment to and presence in the community.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5-7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Undergraduate degree with focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred with high academic achievement.
- MBA, CFA or equivalent experience in financial services, accounting, or legal fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in corporate and commercial banking, negotiating and structuring financial transactions.
- Experience with lending and derivative products.
- Preferred experience with commodity products.
- Formal credit training preferred.
- Good knowledge of the BMO’s lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Displays advanced deal execution and/or project management skills – ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to create and deliver professional presentations.
- Strong analytical skills. Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools.
- Verbal and written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration and team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 03:16:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!