Job title: Veterinary Laboratory Technician
Company: Midwest Veterinary Laboratory
Job description: Company Description
At Midwest Veterinary Laboratory we are dedicated to providing accurate and quality animal health testing and excellent customer service at cost-effective prices.
To learn more about us click .
We are looking for a qualified Full-time Laboratory Technician or Veterinary Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures in a clinical setting. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze animal samples and/or substances.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with animal samples. He/she will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate in doing work that makes things move forward. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results.
- Process blood samples including the ability to read a manual differential
- Perform and interpret Urinalysis
- Perform and interpret fecal flotations
- Log and distribute incoming samples of materials
- Follow established procedures and regulations
- Notify proper personnel when a known spec is out of compliance, and send all production results to the QC department
- Document activities legibly in notebook(s) before summarizing them on lab report sheet
- Calibrate/standardize instruments when and where needed
- Maintain a clean uncluttered work area
- Attend all required safety training and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position (preferably someone who has previous experience with animal samples)
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment
- Ability to read manual differentials, perform Urinary Analysis, experience with microbiology, and ability to detect intestinal parasites – REQUIRED
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Degree in animal science, biology, chemistry, or relevant field – Preferred
- Will be able to present information through oral or written communication effectively.
- Maintain and foster interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers.
Schedule: Monday through Friday and some Saturdays (afternoon into evening shift)
Job Type: Full-time (30-40 hours a week)
Pay: $16 – $20 an hour *Based on Experience
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k & 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, & FSA)
- Flexible Scheduling with a schedule given a month at a time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual or Professional Attire welcome
- Family Atmosphere
- Competitive Compensation
- Career Development Opportunities
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available
*Note – some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin
Expected salary: $16 – 20 per hour
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 22:56:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!