Job title: Vehicle Condition Assessor
Job description: 7211 – Huntsville – 6364 University Dr NW, Huntsville, Alabama, 35806
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Vehicle Condition Assessor (VCA) position is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service by accurately collecting, recording, and communicating information about customer appraisals to Buyers, Sr. Buyers and Purchasing Managers for analysis. VCA’s assist with customer transfers, complete lot merchandising activities, secure vehicles, and assist the Merchandising team with additional daily functions as needed. A VCA may also perform various wholesale auction responsibilities.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct accurate vehicle condition assessments by collecting, recording, and communicating all required information (including cosmetic, specific mechanical conditions, options, etc.) about customer appraisals for a Buyer, Senior Buyer, or Purchasing Manager’s analysis.
- Accurate optioning of vehicles during assessments and CarMax inventory.
- Perform quality and timely imaging of Retail and Wholesale vehicles for CarMax websites.
- Complete vehicle secures, including reading and verifying appraisal entry information for any discrepancies.
- Complete vehicle walkarounds including communicating information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist Merchandising Department with maintaining inventory and executing customer transfers.
- Complete final condition verifications on inventory acquired through online customer channels.
- Assist in the preparation and operation of the wholesale auction.
- Partner with Inventory and Sales Departments to conduct lot merchandising, as needed.
- Assist the Merchandising Department with various other projects and office duties, as needed.
- Assist with on-boarding of new associates.
- Complete assigned tasks independently and follow up after completion.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and work with other departments to create Iconic Customer experiences.
Ability to follow detailed, standardized processes to complete work.
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data to maintain accurate records.
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-pace work environment.
- Speak and listen effectively when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Function effectively within other departments in a team-oriented environment.
- Successfully complete all required Workday training.
- Position requires a valid driver’s license.
- Requires walking, bending, kneeling or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors or in any inclement weather environment for several hours.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays.
- Requires CarMax work clothing to be worn when working in the store (acquired through CarMax World).
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to, Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S (Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional Appearance.
Disclaimer and Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax with or without notice. This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify any such responsibilities. CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability and other protected characteristics. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax. This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate’s employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 22:00:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!