Job title: UX Designer
Job description: Job Title: UX Designer
Reports to: Manager, Global Consumer Systems
The Global User Experience Designer helps to create innovative digital experiences for mobile, web, e-mail, and multimedia. The Global User Experience Designer should have intuitive knowledge of user experience design, A/B testing and with an emphasis on mobile executions. This person will work with retail business users/store users globally along with front-end developers and design team from concept to completion on a range of digital products including user interface design, emails, mobile applications, and more. This role requires little to no code in day-to-day workflow, and so a working knowledge of front-end development is not required, but having enough experience working with layouts and technical constraints to keep your designs on-point is a must.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- Understand the Global landscape ensuring all interfaces meet the needs of all regions
- Work with the retail business teams, producers and development teams to create the right outcome-focused solutions
- Ability to measure value of designs delivered and iterate the design process
- Contribute to app enhancements on a weekly basis
- Work with the development team to design solutions that fit within technical capabilities and efficiencies, yet have the right amount of tact to know when it’s okay to try and push further
- All designs require device agnostic solutions that place a high emphasis on mobile first thinking
- Keep tabs on UX and digital design trends looking for opportunities to improve all properties
- Support the Enterprise systems on a wide variety of projects
- Work with developers, photographers, and copywriters to bring user experiences to life
- Provide quality assurance on all creative deliverables
- Clearly communicate work-in-progress status
- Create clean and descriptive production files for developers or marketing team members
- Ensure the usability, consistency, brand relevance, and functionality of the finished product
- Creating and ensuring we have standard Global UX processes
- Reporting on Results
Who You Are
We’d love to hear from people with
- College degree in graphic design or a related field
- 5 years in a mobile/web/interactive design environment with deep knowledge and experience in mobile
- Experience and up to date of the latest technologies : Figma and best practices UX
- At least 3 years of experience on working with design for Retail users
- Possess expertise with Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
- Experience with device agnostic design
- An understanding of data driven design, user-centric design, interaction design, and usability
- An ability to communicate concepts through prototypes, storyboards, information architecture, and wireframes
- Excellent communications skills, both in-person and written
- Process oriented and able to develop and follow project schedules
- Ability to work on projects of all sizes from—site page designs, emails, web banners, and so on
- Highly organized and has great communication skills
- Teachable with the ability to learn quickly
- Experience in a retail or consumer facing business a plus
- Experience designing for Bootstrap framework a plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodology and project management software a plus
What We’ll Give You
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses – We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing – No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work – Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks – Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development – Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness – There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.
Location: Goleta, CA
Job date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 07:41:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!