Job title: TRANSPORTATION SUPPORT SUPERVISOR- San Antonio
Company: Dollar General
Job description: Company Overview
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the escalation point for the afterhours team.
- Accountable for insuring all after hours communication is sent to stores regarding both Fresh and Traditional deliveries in a timely manner.
- Provides support to afterhours team with answering emails from the field with questions regarding delivery ETAs, delivery concerns, sweep requests, etc. when applicable.
- Provides continuous training and support to team to enable better communication and processes in which we manage reporting/communication to the field.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and project participation for the Outbound Operations team which will drive improvement to on-time delivery performance and/or cost reductions.
- Oversees the below reporting functions:
- On Time Deliveries
- Communication to Stores
- Door Alerts/Orbcomm Temp Alerts
- Fuel Alerts
- Maintenance Alerts
- Provides end of shift handoff to ensure any open items are communicated to the appropriate associates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven Leadership and in-depth knowledge of dedicated transportation operations, FMCSA and DOT regulations.
- Understanding of Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), listening, interpersonal problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- High attention to detail, strong planning, and organization skills
- Understands driver logs, hours of service, and dedicated operations.
- Proficient in usage of transportation optimization software to perform routing, tendering, scheduling, and shipment tracking.
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment and deals with ambiguity well
- Must know MS Office software
- Demonstrated willingness and curiosity to dig-in and find answers to the “unknowns” that come up during business activity
Work Experience &/or Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics preferred, or comparable experience of one to three years in transportation operations for a retailer, manufacturing company, major carrier, or logistics company required.
One to three years transportation experience managing at least 40 or more drivers preferred
One to three years onsite driver management experience preferred
One year Driver Dispatch Management System (satellite dispatch systems, Omnitracs, Peoplenet, Platform Science, etc.) experience (McLeod, TMW, Telogis, Dispatch Tracks, AS400, Syntellic)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 23:57:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!