Job title: Transportation & logistics Sourcing Manager
Company: Tailored Management
Job description: Transportation & logistics Sourcing Manager
Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Director, the Sourcing Manager will help develop and execute the organization’s indirect sourcing and procurement strategy to ensure it aligns with the overall indirect spend objectives, vision and strategic plans. This role will support the execution of sourcing projects (eSourcing events) and tactical procurement opportunities to help ensure realization of cost savings objectives. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for analyzing spend data, collecting business requirements from internal stakeholders, executing eSourcing events, and the administration of indirect spend related contracts. This position is primarily project and task driven and involves Manager-level supervision as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement category plans that capitalize on market opportunities and aligns with functional business requirements.
- Work closely with the Director, Strategic Sourcing to ensure the optimal category strategies and targets are being developed, and that the category strategies are highly aligned to current and future business needs (and overall category strategy) and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Determine the appropriate metrics and information to be tracked and reported by the Director, Strategic Sourcing and the VP of Spend Management.
- Effectively work with functional and business groups to support customer satisfaction through implementation activities and effective customer feedback initiatives.
- Influence strategic sourcing and purchasing decisions across ATD.
- Ensure that ATD has a very good supply market understanding and works with the business / function teams to provide input for creating innovative win-win customer and supplier strategies.
- Facilitate change management with colleagues and key contacts throughout the organization.
- Manage overall relationship with suppliers within assigned categories.
- Manage all aspects of ATD’s sourcing processes including tactical/spot opportunities, strategic eRFx’s, eAuctions, etc. as assigned.
- Analyze information supplied by Subject Matter Expert (SME) or other internal stakeholders, and translate into detailed requirements and competitive bid specifications.
- Conduct post event analyses, including price/cost analysis, service level analysis, and other category specific analytics as required.
- Provide status updates, at key event milestones, to ensure stakeholders are well informed.
- Coordinate SME’s participation in the event scoring process and facilitate consensus scoring session to help finalize supplier selection.
- Facilitate post-event meetings with supplier finalists from RFx events as required.
- Coordinate formal supplier award and regrets communications to event participants.
- Collaborate with legal counsel to ensure mutually agreed terms and conditions are incorporated into final contract and executed by appropriate ATD signatory.
- Ensure adequate contract compliance measures are incorporated into transacting model through close coordination with the Director of Procurement Operations.
- Build policies and procedures for reviewing supplier performance against contracted obligations/service levels and business expectations.
- Combine all spend information into yearly plans and long-term forecasts for costs, savings targets, and planned projects.
- Acquire knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of strategic sourcing by reading professional literature, attending related seminars and conferences, and attaining ISM certification(s).
Process Improvement Management
- Drive use of sourcing best practices and standardization of procurement processes while minimizing supply risk.
- Identify large-scale business opportunities and improvement initiatives that maximize profitability and lead execution of the initiatives when necessary.
- Originate new sourcing concepts and innovative approaches for the organization.
Direct Report Position Title(s)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Business Discipline)
- Experience: 5 years of combined sourcing, procurement, or project management experience; 2 years of experience building and managing eSourcing events
- Certifications: CPSM, Green Belt, and / or Coupa
Candidate Skills and Competencies
- Organizational Finance Policies Compliance and Maintenance
- Evaluate and update the organization’s policies.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in the organization’s policies.
- Anticipate potential risks or issues related to the organization’s policies and develop a risk mitigation plan to accompany these issues.
- Enforce compliance with organizational regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct medium-term (6-12 months) internal scans to identify barriers and opportunities related to the organization’s current internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Internal Control
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the control systems the organization has in place to internally control financial operations.
- Recommend productive and practical updates and modifications to the organization’s control policies and procedures.
- Financial Planning
- Demonstrate awareness of the organization’s budgeting process, adhere to budgeting protocols, and work in a manner that is consistent with achieving the organization’s financial goals.
- Gather information pertinent to the budgeting process and analyze validity of inputs.
- Identify discrepancies between actual and budgeted spending.
- Aware of the organization’s financial goals in the short and long term.
- Data Analysis
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of metrics.
- Select relevant and insightful metrics.
- Able to identify patterns and predict data outcomes, and use information to shape programs and affect all business units.
- Employ evidence-based decision making, and support key decisions with data.
- Evaluate existing technology and advocate for investments in new technology to meet data requirements.
- Incorporate data and insights from multiple sources to tell a meaningful story and share actionable recommendations.
Additional Details (work environment, specializations, etc.)
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to office conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Expected salary: $52 – 55 per hour
Location: Huntersville, NC
Job date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 23:08:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!