Job title: Transportation Consultant (Carrier Management & Dedicated Fleets)
Job description: Transportation Consultant (Carrier Management & Dedicated Fleets)
Transportation Consultant (Carrier Management & Dedicated Fleets)
You are connected to the big picture of your industry
You are keenly interested in both the inner workings of your organization and the industry it operates in. This awareness not only improves your performance; it allows you to recognize trends that can impact your workplace. We will give you the support you need to be an internal success and an industry maven
Huggies®. Kleenex®. Cottonelle®. Scott®. Kotex®. Poise®. Depend®. 25% of people in the world use Kimberly-Clark products every day. And it takes the right people, in the right jobs and the right places, to make that happen.
At Kimberly-Clark, you’ll be part of the best teams committed to driving innovation and growth. We’re founded on 150 years of market leadership, and we’re always looking for new and better ways to perform—so what can you do with that? There’s no time like the present to make an impact at Kimberly-Clark.
You love what you do, especially when the work you do makes a difference. At Kimberly-Clark, we’re constantly exploring new ideas on how, when, and where we can best achieve results. When you join our team, you’ll experience Flex That Works: flexible (hybrid) work arrangements that empower you to have purposeful time in the office and partner with your leader to make flexibility work for both you and the business.
In one of our professional roles, you’ll focus on winning with consumers and the market, while putting safety, mutual respect, and human dignity at the center.
Location: This position will have a hybrid model sitting out of one of the following locations: Roswell, GA; Knoxville, TN; or Neenah, WI.
The role of the Transportation Consultant, Carrier Management – Dedicated Fleets is to drive Dedicated Fleet utilization across the Kimberly-Clark network. The Carrier Manager – Dedicated will identity continued areas of improvement and opportunity to drive low-cost transportation solutions while improving service. Additionally, the role will provide oversight and support of dedicated fleet operations including cost management, load planning strategy, fleet routing and relationship management of dedicated fleet providers within Corporate Transportation function of Kimberly-Clark.
Key Customers for this position include:
- Corporate Transportation teams: Domestic Operations, Optimization, Solutions, Rates & Analysis, Freight Audit, and Claims
- Supply Chain Leaders
- Supply Chain Accounting
- Mill / Distribution Center Support staff
- Carrier EDI support team
- Manage the existing Dedicated Fleet footprint which includes 6 domiciles and 2 providers
- Develop short to mid-term (1-3 years) Dedicated Fleet strategy with a focus on cost optimization, fleet expansion, implementation of continuous loops and reducing empty miles which transform Dedicated Fleets into a competitive advantage
- Identify opportunities to expand dedicated fleet operations across new locations within K-C network
- Analyze and identify the optimal pricing model for existing and future dedicated fleets
- Lead and execute RFP/RFQ process related to new Dedicated Fleet locations or extension of existing agreements
- Serve as the Transportation liaison between Transportation Operations, Strategy & Analytics and Carrier Management and Dedicated Providers to drive processes that improve dedicated fleet optimization
- Establish core KPI’s and dashboards for the dedicated fleets and maintain service, cost and operational targets operations
- Lead regular weekly operational meetings with dedicated fleet providers to align on priorities, service and capacity
- Explore opportunities to improve lane allocations and tendering to dedicated fleet providers with TMS
- Expand backhaul program for dedicated fleets and increase backhaul revenue
- Bachelors in Logistics or Supply Chain; or in a related field
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years work experience related to Dedicated Fleet Management or Transportation Management
- Transportation Management System (TMS) experience preferred (preferably, Blue Yonder Cloud TMS)
- Systems and data integration experience
- Cross-functional customer supply-chain knowledge and experience
- Project Management – Ability to lead cross-functional projects with minimal work direction
- Comfortable problem-solving technical issues with systems
- Lean experience such as leading simple problem-solving, development of standard work
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Click the Apply button and complete the online application process. A member of our recruiting team will review your application and follow up if you seem like a great fit for this role.
In the meantime, check out the . You’ll want to review this and come prepared with relevant questions if and when you pass GO and begin interviews.
Here are a few of the benefits you’d enjoy. For a complete overview, see .
Great support for good health with medical, dental, and vision coverage options. No waiting periods or pre-existing condition restrictions. Access to an on-site fitness center, occupational health nurse, and allowances for high-quality safety equipment.
Flexible Savings and spending accounts to maximize health care options and stretch dollars when caring for yourself or dependents.
Diverse income protection insurance options to protect yourself and your family in case of illness, injury, or other unexpected events.
Additional programs and support to continue your education, adopt a child, relocate, or even find temporary childcare.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
With an inclusive culture, our employees – and the original thinking they bring to Kimberly-Clark – make us stronger. EOE disability/vet.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate, as appropriate. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
Primary Location Roswell Building 100
Additional Locations Knoxville Office, Neenah – West R&E Office
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 22:03:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!