Job title: Transportation Analyst III
Job description: Requisition ID: 109453
Company: Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC
Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC (“Heartland Coca-Cola”) produces, sells, and distributes the highest quality and best tasting Coca-Cola beverages across Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois. Our success is rooted in the guiding principles of putting PEOPLE first, serving our local COMMUNITY, and providing great brands to our CUSTOMERS and consumers. We work and win together as a team by promoting a culture that values how our people think, feel, and act.
The Transportation Analyst III is responsible for procurement, maintenance and planning of transportation demand. This role collaborates with transportation partners (externally) to provide a customer focused, financially sound transportation design.
- Procure freight in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Analyzes and reports on carrier performance using a carrier performance management system.
- Prepares performance metric data and reports that data to internal partners.
- Collaborates with carriers in the network to research the various rates, capacity, and service capabilities, and determine the primary and secondary transportation lane capacity.
- Understands industry trends and practices which includes but is not limited to staying knowledgeable on government transport and planning policies and assessing the impact of recent sourcing changes and/or volume shifts on transport systems.
- Maintains data integrity within the transportation management software system.
- Actively participates in routine calls (weekly and monthly) with internal and external partners to discuss forecasting, at risk, etc.
- Leads the quarterly and annual carrier bid process.
- Partners with legal on carrier contract exceptions; if there are no exceptions, they execute the agreed upon contract with the carrier.
- Develops transportation strategies that encompass the needs of all transport users, including financial, efficiency and safety issues.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of transportation procurement & planning experience is required.
- Previous areas of experience include Business, Logistics, and/or Planning in an ever-changing, demanding environment.
- Prior experience working with Planning systems and Procurement software.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain activities and the related dependencies to other functions.
- Working knowledge of Inventory and Capacity management methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, including both written and verbal as well as strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional process improvement skills (Six Sigma & LEAN) with the proven ability to implement process changes, improving efficiency and cost savings across functions.
- Capable of driving change, cross-functionally, utilizing project management approaches and concepts.
- This position can work from any Heartland Coca-Cola location
At Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC (“Heartland Coca-Cola”), we offer a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, 401(k), new parent leave, tuition reimbursement and vacation.
We require all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to employment. This process will also include a drug screen, a review of Motor Vehicle Records for those who drive for the company as part of their job, and a fit for duty testing as required for some positions. Employment with Heartland Coca-Cola is contingent on the satisfactory completion of its background verification process.
Heartland Coca-Cola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and any other class protected by law.
Location: Lenexa, KS
Job date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 22:13:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!