Job title: Trade Accounting Specialist
Company: Keurig Dr Pepper
Job description: Job Description:
The Trade Accounting Analyst is responsible for supporting the Finance, National, Regional Account, and Packaged Beverage sales teams in evaluating and determining accurate allocations of trade spend to all DPS P&Ls.
Specific areas of responsibility will include settlement of retail customer trade spend programs to appropriate KDP route-to-market P&Ls (DSD, CASO, PASO & ISO), allocate expenses and ensure reconciliation of trade spend programs. The role will communicate regularly with the Regional and National Account Finance teams, BC & National Account Commercial Finance, DSD Finance, DSD Corporate Accounting and Accounts Receivable (A/R) teams. Ensure all allocation entries comply with DPSG policy, GAAP, and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the capacity to utilize system inputs and validate multiple data sources to ensure accuracy, be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently. The candidate must also have the ability to make decisions regarding proper allocation of expenses and subsequently support the decision based on DPSG policies.
- Analyze and compile input from multiple data sources to determine appropriate allocation of National or Regional Account trade spend program activity
- Allocate trade spend to appropriate DPS route-to-market P&L (J/Es, including intercompany, Sub-Ledger entries, A/R invoices)
- Audit and ensure that trade and marketing expenses are reported correctly and in accordance with GAAP and Company Policies
- Research GAAP and Company policies and procedures to ensure that allocation entries are booked timely and correctly
- Responsible for data accuracy, performing and reporting on periodic audits and data integrity checks
- Identify key risks and opportunities related to the forecast and financial results and communicate to Finance teams. Provide input and communicate effectively with the Corporate Controller’s team for month-end close
- Maintain and ensure compliance with allocation schedule in accordance with DPS policies and procedures
- Reconcile all National & Regional Account trade spend to ensure complete and accurate allocation of all expenses
- Maintain allocation documentation in accordance with standardized processes as required by DPSG policies and procedures to include all journal entries, sub-ledger entries and A/R entries
- Provide effective Sales support while holding parties accountable for providing the necessary documentation for processing timely and accurate allocations
- Develop ad-hoc monthly reporting
- Support implementation of improvements to processes and systems
- Identify, document and communicate process improvements for the trade allocation process
- Prepare and support other initiatives as assigned
- Education/Experience – Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Strong understanding of accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Excel and SAP
- Ability to research and resolve reconciling errors
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in order to maintain ongoing dialogue and collaboration with all stakeholders and customers (internal and external)
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to handle competing priorities and manage change
- Candidate must be a self-starter, have solid broad-based finance/accounting skills and must possess strong leadership and teamwork skills
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Frisco, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Location: Frisco, TX
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 02:50:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!