Job title: Telecommunications Tower Technician I/II – Top Hand
Company: Murphy Tower Service
Job description: Murphy Tower Service, LLC is one of the Midwest s leading providers of wireless and wireline construction services. Each of our divisions – Murphy Tower Service, Murphy Network, Murphy Communications and Murphy Electric – offers high-quality, turnkey solutions, from site construction to final testing and maintenance. Our focus on safety, integrity, quality and expertise offers a level of professionalism unique to the industry. From underground foundation work to the top of the tower, Murphy Tower Service provides unmatched quality and comprehensive services for our customers. Our diversely skilled team and their commitment to exceeding our customers expectations helps us manage numerous single-site projects on short deadlines, always getting the job done right the first time.
About Murphy Tower Service:
As a family-owned and operated business, we treat every team member as one of our own. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for dedicated workers who want a long, successful career, not simply a job. While a spirit of adventure is in our DNA, safety is our number-one priority. We take extra care to make sure our people return home safely after a project, and even to spend weekends with their families – so we consider that when scheduling projects and crews. Simply put, Murphy employees are our greatest assets. We work hard to be a company that customers are proud to work with and employees are proud to work for. Whether the job requires travel or climbing to new heights, our team of tower technicians is ready to take on any challenge.
Employees can expect a unique company culture that includes:
- Weekends at home
- Competitive salary and top-tier benefits
- Promotion opportunities
- Continuing education and training through paid-to-learn programs
- Wellness programs covering physical, mental and financial health
Check out our video at:
A TTT Top Hand assists in building each tower job as defined by the client s scope of work and construction drawings under the direction of the Tower Crew Leader. This encompasses, but is not limited to, loading and unloading all job materials, maintaining all tools, trucks and equipment used by the tower crew, understanding the scope of work, working at heights and constructing the project per specifications in a timely manner.
- Review the scope of work and construction drawings with the Crew Leader.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Verify that all of the tools, equipment and stocked supplies on your trailer are available and in working order.
- Check the oil & fluids of each truck & inspect each your job trailer(s) and each piece of equipment in your charge before use.
- Inspect all PFAS (personal fall arrest systems) prior to climbing.
- Attend a daily tailgate meeting to address daily tasks and safety issues.
- Report any safety concerns to the Crew Leader and/or Safety Coordinator.
- Take direction from the Crew Leader to build the job following the scope of work/construction drawings.
- Report any deviations from the scope of work/construction drawings to the Crew Leader.
- Pick up trash on site daily.
- Take pictures of final work and provide all turnover documentation to Murphy Tower Project Manager.
- Clean out truck(s) & trailer(s) after each job and put materials and equipment away.
- Travel locally, statewide and out of state. Overnight travel is often required based on tower location and scope of work.
- Begin preparations for next job.
- Tower Crew Lead
- 1 year tower experience is preferred.
- Ability to climb up a 300 feet tower routinely, with gear, and safely complete tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time, with overnight stays (weekends are off)
- Ability to follow instructions/protocols/processes.
- Familiarity with proper truck/trailer/equipment maintenance.
- Strong organizational skills and construction related aptitude including ability to interpret construction drawings.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold and strong winds.
Dress Code (minimum)
- Long pants w/o major holes, presentable shirt w/4 sleeve minimum, work boots, hardhat, safety glasses & gloves.
- $22-$30/hr. Compensated depending on experience level.
- $3,000 SIGN-ON BONUS or Relocation assistance available to qualified candidates.
- Lodging Paid by Company (Not required to share a room)
- Daily Per Diem Rates up to $40/day.
- Quarterly reviews and opportunities to be promoted to Tower Tech II, Top Hand, and/or Crew Leader.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Short and Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Potential Performance Bonuses
- Clothing Allowance
Expected salary: $22 – 30 per hour
Location: Watertown, SD
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 22:31:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!