Job title: Telecommunications Technician 1
Company: VTG Defense
Job description: Job Description:
VTG is seeking Telecommunications Technician 1 supporting Navy NGEN located in Venutra County, Los Angeles, California.
Familiar with a variety of complex installations, repairs telecommunications systems and equipment, and performs the following duties:
- Oversees or assists in the installation of structured cabling systems (fiber optic and copper) in accordance with all applicable codes, standards, and local requirements.
- Oversees or assists in building telecommunication closets while adhering to applicable standards, codes, and specifications.
- Detailed knowledge of Seismic requirements for telecommunications installations
- Ensures grounding and bonding are compliant with standards and codes.
- Ensures fire stopping procedures are accurately followed and compliant with local regulations.
- Oversees or assists in testing and troubleshooting of structured cabling systems, both fiber and copper.
- Ensures transmission fundamentals of copper and fiber media are maintained.
- Uses knowledge of and experience with Outside Plant operations to ensure rodding, roping, and fiber splicing, and tipping are properly performed.
- Troubleshoots entire communications system to determine if problems are related to hardware or cabling.
- Tests and evaluates newly installed or existing hardware to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility.
- Utilizes technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment which meets establishment requirements
- Reviews timesheets and expense reports for accuracy, approves these documents, and ensures they are submitted in accordance with company procedures.
- Compiles, reviews and/or submits other reports, such as site reports or project status reports, as required by management.
- HS plus two of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience to include an AS plus 1year of related experience or BS in related field. 5 years of experience preferred.
- Prefer Navy experience with NMCI infrastructure and standards
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, and MS Office Products.
- BICSI Level 2 certification is preferred. BICSI ITS Tech Cert and higher
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must have their own PPE and Basic hand tools for cabling technicians
- Must be local or within 50 miles of location
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be able to support installation schedule and meet budgets provided by VTG Project Manager. PM may not be on site but will report daily to PM on status and progress made
- Must be capable of the following:
- working at heights
- lifting/carrying heavy, large, or unbalanced loads (up to 50 pounds)
- perform duties where standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and kneeling for extended periods
- Must have PPE equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, etc)
- Experience pulling in copper/fiber, backbone/riser cabling in ISP and OSP environments
- Competency/certification in termination various types of copper cables on various types of connectors.
- Competency/certification in termination various types of fiber optic cables using various types of connectors.
- Competency/certification in terminating fiber optic cables utilizing fusion and mechanical methods.
- Experience in installation of cable conveyances (cable tray, J hooks, ladder rack)
- Experience supporting Telecom room buildout experience (racks/cabinets, patch panels, grounding, etc.)
- Testing documented experience or certification using Fluke or equivalent test equipment
- CAC Badge (Preferred)
- DoD Secret or higher clearance (Preferred)
- This position is contingent upon contract award
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:42:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!