Job title: Telecommunications Engineering (Level 1-3) Salt Lake City, UT
Job description: *
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Design and troubleshoot telecommunication network systems in support of electrical system operations. Responsibilities include design and provisioning documentation of telecommunications equipment including microwave radios, fiber optic terminals, multiplexers, and network switches. As well as circuit channelization design and specifying carrier services from telecommunications providers.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Assist in the design of data communications systems, wiring schematics and equipment configurations. Create system diagrams and provide scoping for substation, generation, and load interconnection projects.
- Create documentation on all projects and keep documentation updated.
- Write equipment specifications and purchase equipment for projects.
- Write job specifications and equipment specifications for contract jobs.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Work with external utility, local, county, state, and federal agencies to satisfy jurisdictional requirements.
- Support compliance efforts in support of all WECC, FERC, and NERC requirements pertaining to electronic communications.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
In addition to the above, the Engineer 2 responsibilities include:
- Serve as a consultant to other business units for solving networking or communications needs.
- Take ownership of subject matter and/or geographic regions, work with limited supervision.
- Serve as project manager on minor projects or system upgrades.
- Design and test new telecommunications or network systems as required by the company.
In addition to the above, the Engineer 3 responsibilities include:
- Design major networking or communications systems.
- Lead systems capacity planning to manage technology changes and growth and make recommendations for approval by senior management.
- Act as subject mater expert in one or more technical domains.
- Provide technical leadership to staff.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically four years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of two years additional directly related technical experience is required.)
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications systems or networking experience.
- Ability to document design of systems using computer-aided drafting program or equivalent software.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunication systems terms, equipment, systems, functions, and major vendors.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
In addition to the above, the Engineer 2 requirements include:
- Three years of telecommunications or networking experience.
- Proficiency in TDM, packet, microwave radio, and/or fiberoptic communication systems.
- Professional level knowledge of information technology terms, equipment, systems, functions, and major vendors.
In addition to the above, the Engineer 3 requirements include:
- Five years of telecommunications or networking experience.
- Advanced knowledge of TDM, packet, microwave radio, and/or fiberoptic communication systems.
- Advanced knowledge of information technology terms, equipment, systems, functions, and major vendors.
Req Id: 107790
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: PacifiCorp Corporate
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $72,500 – 112,700
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp’s policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening
Expected salary: $72500 – 112700 per year
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 22:18:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!