Job title: Telecommunications Design Engineer
Job description: Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a Telecommunications Design Engineer in the Seattle, WA area. Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth. This position will be a hybrid, requiring some onsite and some remote. Job entails conducting field data collection, preparing wireless facility designs with the team and tracking the progress
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
In this role you will work closely with customers, field engineers and project managers to gather information required to design Telecommunications systems.
- Develop a design, work from a computer model of that design and incorporate detailed diagrams into the final set of construction drawings.
- Coordinating with our land survey team and other project disciplines
- Will be an integral part of delivering the project for the client and will help ensure a quality experience for our clients
- Responsible to help lead civil engineer keep track of design expectations, timelines, budgets, and project details
- May work with local, state, and federal authorities regarding requisite approvals necessary for the project to ensure that design documents meet local, state, federal and best practice standards
- Work as a team to ensure that quality assurance and quality controls are maintained prior to issuing documents externally
- Help to identify and solve complex technical issues related to projects to minimize project risk
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related degree (Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial) with 6mos to two (2) years of professional cellular infrastructure (small cell, macro, rooftop) design experience
- AutoCAD experience required
- Utilize drawing markup software to markup drawings. Knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards.
- Solid grasp of engineering drawings and principles in the cellular context.
- The ability to convert verbal and written information into two dimensional drawings and 3D drawings is essential.
- Civil3D, CorpsCon, 3D design software, PhotoShop preferred but not required.
- Ability to create accurate installation documents from information found on vendor equipment drawings.
- Ability to adapt and apply company engineering design and BIM & CAD drafting standards.
- Prior cellular construction experience a plus.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration is preferred.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World’s Most Ethical Companies”.
Pay Range: Pay Range $50,700.00 – $78,000.00 – $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Expected salary: $50700 – 105300 per year
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 06:32:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!