Job title: Telecommunication Dispatcher-PRN- Varied Hours
Company: Hutchinson Regional Medical Center
Job description: Assumes responsibility for switchboard operation, alarm monitoring, after hours Doctors answering service, Hospice and Home Care of Reno Co. answering service, functions as the communications hub for the facility, disseminates information and maintains departmental records.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Monitors and dispatches internal emergency response to all Kansas Standardized Emergency Codes integrated with Life and Facility Safety alarms. Provides and disseminates information and maintains departmental records. Works closely with 911 dispatches during emergency situation.
- Performs as Communication Center during Hospital Incident Command System activation for internal or external disasters such as Mass Casualty or Severe Weather situations
- Helpdesk after hours calls, urgent calls EverBridge page for tech support, non-urgent email sent to helpdesk for next day follow up
- Operates as an after-hours messaging center for Hutchinson Clinic and Hutchinson hospital doctors.
- Demonstrates proficient and efficient receipt and relay of communications via mastery of Lucent switchboard, public address systems, written, oral, and electronic communications.
- Utilizes Hutchinson Regional on-call systems in an efficient and accurate manner including the interpretation of practice and departmental schedules, demonstrating conformity with Telecommunications protocols for contacting staff.
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected Health Information (PHI).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Active listener of transmissions of various types of communication messages (written, oral, and electronic communications).
- Strong background in customer service.
- Moderate computer level skill.
- Keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Microsoft Office software program utilization (Excel, Word)
- Previous exposure to a medical environment.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
- The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service with all that we come in contact.
- Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects and issues.
- Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse population.
- Treat all internal and external customers with a positive, proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision making.
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process improvement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree or higher in communications or related field.
- Previous switchboard or dispatching experience.
- One-year office or medical office employment.
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Location: Hutchinson, KS – Reno, NV
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 06:53:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!