Job title: Telecom Systems Engineer II
Job description: Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team of engineers, analysts, and task leaders in providing technical support to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Emergency Communications Division (ECD) for the national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) Priority Telecommunication Services (PTS) Program. This is a newly-funded task being activated on a long-standing, Leidos Prime Program.
Hybrid Remote- Candidate must be local to the Vienna, VA area. Onsite is required for occasional meetings, requirements of position and other contract requirements.
Supporting the ECD mission, the Telecommunication Systems Engineer II will also be interacting with other Government contractors and US communications services providers to provide engineering analysis of the future technologies and solutions for priority communications over current and next generation wireline and wireless networks for services such as priority voice over IP (VoIP), data, video, and information services. The analysis topics include future technology enhancements, future service planning, and interoperable solutions. The position also recommends and plans feasibility studies, proofs of concept and pilot systems for validating priority communications solutions involving emerging technologies, cybersecurity, interoperability, and operations.
- Conduct analysis of the impact of emerging technologies such as 5G, Wi-Fi, cybersecurity, resiliency, mobile edge computing, cloud computing on priority communications and operations
- Identify solutions for interoperability with other public safety networks
- Provide recommendations for the evolution of priority communications network and planning phases
- Provide recommendations for feasibility studies, proofs of concept and pilot systems for validating priority communications solutions involving emerging technologies, cybersecurity, interoperability, and operations
- Develop plans for feasibility studies, proofs of concept and pilot systems, and the conduct of verification, validation, and field-testing. Recommend approaches to systems integration with current service deployments.
- Review and evaluate service providers’ future services plan designs and development efforts to meet the priority communications requirements and provide recommendations
- Review wireless and wireline/broadband communications networks operational performance and provide recommendations
- Review technical documents, reports, and briefings for Leidos’ ECD customers
- Produces solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious and timely manner
- Present findings to colleagues, Government customers, and working groups on an occasional basis
- Works independently or as part of a technical team, in support of systems engineering projects and proofs of concept
- The position involves participation in virtual meetings and occasional in-person meetings with Leidos team and Government staff at various locations in the National Capitol Region (NCR)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an engineering field (Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science preferred) with 4-8 years overall engineering experience, or Master’s with 2-6 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD)
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain clearance
- Candidate must live within commuting distance from the work site
- Demonstrated experience in engineering, implementing, testing, and deploying modern communication networks and systems; technologies such as Long-Term Evolution (LTE), 5th Generation Wireless Networks and Internet Protocol (IP) Multimedia Subsystem (IMS); Wireline/Cable networks, and services such as VoIP, Messaging, Data, and Video
- Good understanding of networking concepts like virtualization, software defined network, hypervisor, containerization, orchestration, protocols, and network security methodologies
- In-depth understanding of cloud computing concepts (edge cloud vs. centralized cloud architecture) and cybersecurity challenges for the Private/Hybrid/Public cloud deployments
- Experience reviewing and evaluating carrier’s designs and development efforts and providing recommendations
- Knowledge of industry standards (e.g., 3GPP, IEEE, ATIS) and experience in applying the standards in system designs
- Understanding of IP networking concepts and technologies (IP/MPLS, TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.)
- Understanding of web technologies like HTTP2.0, federated ID, OAuth/OpenID/OpenID Connect
- Knowledge of testing strategies like Black-box, White-box, Fuzz testing, and Synthetic testing
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles as applicable to communication networks
- Interact well with a team, positive attitude, good verbal and written communications skills, and strong self-initiative
- No initial clearance needed to start; however, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Experience in software design, development, and testing
- Experience in network systems design, deployment, and testing; provisioning, performance monitoring, and other network operations
- Experience in Radio Frequency (RF) and network capacity planning
- Experience in network systems simulation and modeling
- Experience in network systems research and development
- Knowledge or experience with some of the following is an advantage: Product Lifecycle Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Product Testing, Risk Analysis
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) process
Pay Range: Pay Range $74,750.00 – $115,000.00 – $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Expected salary: $74750 – 155250 per year
Location: Vienna, VA
Job date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 06:11:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!