Job title: Technical Program Manager, Global Networking Intake and Management
Job description: Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Thornton, CO, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- Experience in IP transit, dark fibre, colocation, optical transport, cloud technologies, and industry processes.
- Experience in telecommunications at a carrier-class scale, with experience in optical networks, dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM), IP and data services.
- Experience in analytical coding and frameworks including SQL, R, Go and/or Python.
- Experience defining system and/or process requirements, building, integrating, and/or delivering large-scale layer 1, layer 2, and/or layer 3 network systems.
- Outstanding organizational, multitasking, and financial skills (e.g., business/project budget creation and cost-benefit analysis) with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You’re equally comfortable explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you’ll optimize and orchestrate Google’s network plan to meet customer requirements simply and quickly. You’ll collaborate with networking technical teams to intake, analyze, and develop costed and executable plans for Google Cloud networking requests.
You’ll drive input gathering and alignment across functional teams. Also, you’ll provide technical guidance, detailed capacity, deployment schedules, and cost analysis for each cloud request and formulate clean and precise business responses and deployable network build plans.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $147,000 – $158,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Collaborate with Google Cloud and networking technical teams to intake, analyze, and develop cost and executable plans for networking requests.
- Drive input gathering and alignment across functional teams while also providing technical guidance, detailed capacity, deployment schedules, and cost analysis for each request and formulating a clean and precise business response and deployable network build plans.
- Partner and collaborate with technical process leads across the organization to define and improve strategic business processes in order to increase accuracy and decrease cycle times for network requests.
- Work closely with various Architecture, Design, Planning, and Deployment teams by providing technical judgement while ensuring solid process development and execution.
- Present network plans, costs, and timelines to leadership to allow for better transparency and rapid approval and decision-making.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Expected salary: $147000 – 158000 per year
Location: Thornton, CO
Job date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 07:46:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!