Job title: Technical Account Manager, Retail, Google Cloud Professional Services
Job description: Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a customer-facing role interfacing with executive stakeholders, driving customer technical implementation or transformation programs.
- Experience supporting customers in cloud operations (e.g., launch and capacity planning, product release management), technical support, escalation management, or IT consulting.
- Master’s degree in a management, technical or engineering field.
- 7 years of customer-facing experience.
- Experience in application/workload migration to public cloud providers.
- Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators, and third-party developers to deliver high-impact solutions.
- Knowledge of IT operations, database systems, networking, IT security, application development, service architecture, cloud-native application development, hosted services, storage systems, or content delivery networks.
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem solving, and management skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Professional Services organization in Google Cloud delivers product and implementation expertise to our customers to help them get the most out of their Google Cloud investments.
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM) for Retail, you will draw on customer-facing skills and technical acumen to help our retail customers successfully adopt Google Cloud products. Your previous experience with cloud infrastructure, program management, enterprise technology implementation, strategy development, and customer advocacy will play an important part in your daily work driving success for our customers.
You will lead the adoption of Google Cloud at organizations, guiding them through the strategic and technical facets of their Cloud transformation journey. You will manage the successful delivery of Professional Services engagements to drive customer adoption of Google Cloud services. As a TAM, you will regularly engage with a variety of stakeholder groups, including executives and a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Accelerate customer adoption of Google Cloud by leading the implementation journey. Provide technical guidance and manage timelines, milestones, migration goals, and business transformation strategies.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development. Lead across multiple work streams and teams to maintain momentum.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders to understand a customer’s business and develop strategic roadmaps. Lead quarterly business reviews and executive sessions to better understand business and technical needs.
- Plan for customer events and launches, partnering with internal teams to ensure customer success during critical moments. Work with customers and Support to guide issues/escalations to resolution.
- Develop best practices and assets based on learnings from customer engagements to support initiatives to scale through partners and accelerate cloud adoption.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 07:05:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!