Job title: Teacher, Special Education – Resource – B/B Spanish – Sheridan
Company: Minneapolis Public Schools
Job description: Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Teacher, Special Education – Resource – B/B Spanish – Sheridan and Requisition ID number: 92406
Close Date: 11:59 PM on
Organizational Unit: Sheridan (10000093)
Site: Sheridan (0161)
FTE: .5 FTE; 39 weeks; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Teaching
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
This position is Bilingual/Bicultural Spanish
Must be able to work with students in a collaborative setting as a Special Education resource teacher.
- Maintain due process compliance with students on IEP’s.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with parents and regular ed. staff and students.
- Participate in weekly Child Study team meetings and other special education meetings.
- Work with special education staff on schedule that meets the needs of students on IEP’s.
- Work closely with staff regarding students on caseload and help make appropriate modifications and accommodations when needed.
- Serve as an advocate for students on the caseload.
- Have a working knowledge of and implement the Minnesota State Standards and the District Graduation Requirements.
- Knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
- Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students.
- Assess students’ developmental, cognitive and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
- Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions and use family and community resources to support learning.
- Acquire knowledge of the goals of the Minneapolis Public School District Improvement Agenda and site/school goals. Work to support and achieve those goals.
- Assess own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDP). Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development.
Education and Experience Guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Prior successful experience student teaching or teaching in an urban, multicultural education setting.
- Demonstrated continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration and/or job-embedded staff development.
- Master’s or PhD preferred.
Bilingual in Spanish and English
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota teaching license – Learning Disabilities (LD), Emotional Behavior Disorder (EBD) or Academic Behavior Strategy (ABS), or proof of pending approved licensure.
This position has a language requirement. Candidate selected for this role will be required to provide a passing proficient score on the ACTFL language assessment through www.languagetesting.com . The testing fees range from $70 -$140 payable by the candidate.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Posting Notes: | 12:01 AM On | Sheridan (10000093) | Sheridan (0161) | Teaching
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 22:38:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!