Job title: Supervisor of Accounting – Corporate Accounting
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Job description: Overview
Hybrid role – In office Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, working remote Wednesday and Friday!
Must live in the Greater Milwaukee Area.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us! You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Directly supervises employees in the General Ledger department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide leadership to daily operations and special projects including reporting and attainment of process improvement.
- Ensure that accounting transactions are recorded in conformity with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles and Brookdale policies and procedures.
- Maintains the integrity of general ledgers.
- Assists in compiling financial statements and other financial data for external financial reporting purposes.
- Develops the appropriate accounting treatment for the company’s significant financial activities and transactions.
- Identifies financial accounting opportunities and alternatives to meet company objectives.
- Coordinates the completion of the balance sheet account analysis. Reviews monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements.
- Prepares, verifies, and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Coordinates monthly closing and production of consolidated financial statements to guarantee timely reporting.
- Monitors and tracks cash outflows.
- Ensures all processes are appropriately documented and assists in the on-going documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the company’s accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid; makes recommendations where applicable.
- Responsible for correspondence with third party financial institutions and regulatory bodies.
- Prepares audit schedules and responds to auditor requests during financial audits, SOX audits or any other audit.
- Interacts with field personnel. Provides exceptional customer service in explaining and responding to questions regarding monthly operating activity, investigating variances, providing detail of charges and booking re-class entries.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with 4 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. SOX knowledge and solid understanding of GAAP. Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft. Critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 02:28:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!