Job title: Summer Science or Art Instructor
Job description: Job Summary
At Mad Science and ART-ventures we are having a blast! Join us – we pay you to have fun. As a mad scientist you do things like build and fly rockets, demonstrate lasers, explore the states of matter using dry ice, and help children create slime and other polymers. You will inspire the next generation of scientists through our innovative activities that show kids what science is really all about. Our ART-ventures instructors facilitate fun, exciting, and creative art activities. Our instructors facilitate fun, exciting, and creative art activities using a variety of techniques and media.
Our week-long programs are provided at various partner locations during the summer. There is also the potential to host one-time science or art events and to instruct art or science workshops at libraries, community centers, daycares and preschools.
Mad Science is the world’s leading provider of fun science programs for elementary-aged children. Art-ventures for Kids is a leading art education provider of fun and enriching art programs.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals to join our growing team – mainly in July and August during weekday hours. You do NOT need to be a certified teacher, nor do you need to be a science major or be an artist. For those with some theatrical/performance experience or expertise, there is the possibility to take on additional work as a stage show, birthday party and other event performer. We also welcome inspiring instructors to stay on with us as an after-school instructor during the school year.
- Facilitating three or six-hour daily summer program using a pre-set curriculum
- Option to stay on beyond the summer for after-school programs and/or events
- Each session is a high-energy, part entertainment, part education, hands-on class that meets for a week of half or full-days
- Instructors are typically assigned half-days as lead instructor or assistant instructor and sometimes additional half-days as assistant instructor for week-long, weekday programs – with opportunities for other one-off programs and events.
- Enjoy teaching young children the joy of art and/or the art of science!
- Some experience working with groups of elementary age (4-12) children (such as enrichment instructor, volunteer or camp counselor)
- Must be available at least 5 weeks during the months of July and August, M-Fri 8-1PM for morning sessions, and preferably also having soome availability 12:30-5PM for afternoon assignments. Able/willing to travel (paid) to multiple nearby locations
- Ability to manage the behavior of groups of elementary-aged kids
- Must have a reliable car
- Must be able to lift totes of equipment weighing between 20-50 lbs
- All employees will be subject to a criminal background check (required)
- Some college experience preferred. Degrees and/or graduate degrees a plus
- Must have a fun & outgoing personality
- For after-school programs, must be available to travel to multiple locations minimum 3 days a week and get there before the school day ends. Sorry, full-time teachers and active/on-call substitutes are typically unable to get to our school-year after school programs on time
- Partner locations typically require COVID vaccination
We train you in the curriculum, and provide all materials. Our events happen year round and we also conduct after-school programs and events during the school year. This is part-time and rewarding work if it fits with your schedule and lifestyle.
Location: Springfield, MA
Job date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 02:51:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!