Job title: Startup & Commissioning Manager
Job description: At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Start Up and Commissioning Manager to grow with our team.
As the Start Up and Commissioning Manger, you will report to the Post Construction Manager and will be part of the Client’s Program management team and will support infrastructure projects. This will include but not limited to owner coordination and overall project testing, oversight of the project startup and commissioning activities through occupancy. This position is client facing and would be the direct contact as Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring testing, star up and commissioning.
General responsibilities include:
- Provide on-site post construction management oversight during equipment and pipelines testing, equipment calibration, start up and commissioning, and documentation during both the design and construction process.
- Responsible for coordination between Owner and Contractor for all start up and commissioning tasks and activities.
- Serve as a witness for all Equipment Test and Startup activities.
- Interfaces with Owners/Clients to define project requirements to minimize the equipment’s downtimes.
- Reviews Contractor’s construction schedule in terms of adequate durations and logistical sequence for startup and testing, commissioning, and training tasks and activities, and aligns project work plan and deadlines with deliveries.
- Review on-site startup and testing processes, procedures, and systems for compliance with construction drawings and specifications, safety and security requirements, other contractual terms, and applicable codes.
- Startup and Testing Meetings’ attendance (on-site/off-site or video conferencing) and provides timely official project status reports (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, etc.).
- Provides technical support on a daily basis to all assigned projects.
- Directs field oversight for all Startup and Commissioning activities at the project site in accordance with pre-established policies, project schedules, drawings, specifications, contractual terms, plans and procedures.
- Minimum requirements shall be Engineer In Training (preferable electrical or mechanical) with at least five years of experience, or the ideal candidate would be a Professional Engineer (preferable electrical or mechanical) with 5 at least 5 years of experience within the water and wastewater industry. Technical experience in a startup and commissioning, operation and construction in a water business is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excell, Power Point, Teams) and Industry Project software packages.
- Experience with coordination with Utility Owners and Engineers to develop design and construction documents.
- Experience with reviewing design document submittals, reviewing construction schedule and cost estimates, collecting, preparing, and reporting programmatic information.
- Experience in startup and commissioning activities including but not limited to testing, training, loop checks, functional test, acceptance, and performance test.
- Ability to analyze all relevant project-related information and communicate project status and major issues in writing or verbally.
- Aility to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications, interpret contract terms and conditions, communication skills, intermediate computer skills and leadership skills.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Certified Water and Wastewater Operator.
- Instrumentation and control experience.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Location: Puerto Rico – USA
Job date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 22:11:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!