Job title: Staff Accountant – Sports Marketing Firm
Company: NorthPoint Search Group
Job description: Chicago-based sports marketing agency is seeking a high-energy accountant, who is looking for a career instead of a job, to join one of the most dynamic and exciting accounting teams in the city.
The Staff Accountant position will work closely with our Senior Account, Accounts Payable and Receivable
Managers on a regular basis and report directly to our Controller while focusing on timely quarterly and year-end financial reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform timely account reconciliation and general ledger reviews
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Work regularly with Accounts Payable Manager and assist in the payable process
- Work regularly with Accounts Receivable Manager and assist in the receivable process
- Work closely with Controller to prepare Quarterly and Yr-End Workpapers on a timely basis
- Maintain, understand and when necessary develop new policies and procedures related to the employee reimbursement process. Working with corporate credit cards, receipt submission, and basic travel & entertainment rules and regulations
- Maintain financial reports, records and general ledger account backup and support
- Ad-hoc projects as needed throughout the year – examples: corporate risk & company insurance premiums, state taxes, office space/lease projects, setting up and implanting vendor programs for travel, closing budgets with Budget Managers, creating agenda for our Budget Manager Meetings, etc…
- 4 year-degree in Accounting/Business or related field
- 0-5 years experience
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Attention to detail while maintaining the ability to multitask
- Strong organization skills, problem resolution, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Independent self-starter, but also a team player
- Competitive benefits package, including 401k, health insurance, flexible spending accounts, and bonus program
- Work-Life Balance, no crazy tax seasons or long hours and half-day Friday in the summer
- Great energetic workforce, new office build-out and work environment
- Primarily work from Atlanta Office but will have options to occasionally work from home as needed.
- Optional travel to our events – Masters (Augusta, GA), College Slam Dunk and 3 Point Contest (city and week of Final Four), High School All-American Game (Orlando, FL) among many others.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 00:20:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!