Job title: Sr Transportation Planner
Job description: Description :
About the Position
The Sr Transportation Planner is responsible for fostering relationships with external customers to ensure freight is transported per customer needs. This position is responsible for facilitating the daily operations with current shippers and carriers, routinely looking for ways to reduce the customers cost while increasing Kenco’s revenue and margin. This position is consultative in providing logistics solutions based on individual customer needs. Accounts are maintained and grown through, high touch customer service, technology tools and daily communication. The Sr Transportation Planner will provide work direction to specialists and act as a back up to the Transportation Account Manager as needed.
- Work with Transportation Account Manager to provide assistance on assigned accounts as needed.
- Lead and guide inbound/outbound load planning, shipment tendering, safety and overall customer service functions, ensuring the customers freight handled within our contractual guidelines, proper security measures for high value goods.
- Work with Transportation Account Manager to prepare reports for customers outlining client/carrier performance and shipment activity; utilize data to look for opportunities to improve services provided, tied to customer specific goals.
- Provide a high level of customer service by interacting with various levels of client and internal leadership, acting as the escalation point of contact throughout the life cycle of the business engagement, ensuring effective problem resolution.
- Oversee all customer specific optimization and be able to jump in and run optimization when needed.
- Able to point out any invoice discrepancies and work with all necessary stakeholders to resolve in a timely matter.
- Must keep up with all active customer claims and provide status updates to Transportation Account Manager on a weekly basis.
- Must be able to quickly juggle multiple priorities and serve as the subject matter expert for problem resolution between multiple accounts.
- Responsible for approving time sheets and edit timesheets in UKG for assigned team members.
- Lead the negotiation, pricing, modal decisions, and other commercial terms between carriers to maximize profitability for the account and meet the expectations of the customer for service.
- Ensure team members are following best practices and procedures to maximize time effectiveness and SOP compliance.
- Work with account manager to develop, maintain and modify account SOPs as needed.
- Make decisions to ensure that customer service is protected.
- Maintain fluid communications with internal and external stakeholders regarding established performance metrics and provide insight as needed, ensuring alignment with strategic directives.
- Assist with applicable budgetary items; including but not limited to, freight claims with carriers, payment of freight invoices.
- Provide work direction to team members assigned to the account and facilitate professional development of team members to improve bench strength.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Logistics, Accounting or Finance or equivalent transportation management work experience (3-5 years) required; combination of college and experience preferred.
- Expert at transportation management processes and transportation planning for more than one account.
- Strong PC skills and proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communications and analytical skills with proven ability to follow up on issues
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing business environment
- Effective problem solver and decision maker with a strong capability to assess workload and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail and ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- High-touch customer service mindset and ability to provide clear, honest, and proactive communication.
· Business Acumen – Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization
· Communicate for Impact (Individual Contributor) – Proactively communicate with all stakeholders throughout the life cycle of programs and projects.
· Influencing Others – Can quickly find common ground and can solve problems for the good of the organization with a minimal amount of noise. Authentically gains trust and support of peers
· Managing Transitions/ Change Management – Effectively plans, manages and communicates changes in processes with appropriate stakeholders
· Strategic Agility (Individual Contributor) – Enable Kenco to remain competitive by adjusting and adapting to innovative ideas necessary to support Kenco’s long-term organizational strategy
- This position is expected to travel approximately 25% or less.
- A passport is not required but recommended.
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 05:12:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!