Job title: Sr. Software Development Engineer, Alexa Shopping Advertising
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Are you energized by undefined problems, eager to chart your own course in your career, and excited to influence technical strategy and architecture across multiple global organizations? We’re looking for big thinkers who can thrive in an agile and entrepreneurial environment to join us in shaping the future of everyday life for millions of customers worldwide. Our team is dedicated to making any customer impression, on any surface or device, actionable with Alexa, on the scale of hundreds of billions of impressions annually worldwide.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to lead the design and development of critical systems that enable the invention and launch of industry-defining interactive media products. In this role, you will have significant influence not only on our team’s technical strategy and roadmap, but also those of partner teams across SVP organizations at Amazon, and you will serve as a thought-leader, mentor, and guide in software development best-practices for senior managers, peers, and junior team members.
The ideal candidate has passion for tackling complex, ambiguous technical problems; a demonstrated record of success in delivering new platforms and services that meet a variety of customer needs; experience building large-scale distributed systems; and the ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional partners and stakeholders. If you have passion for delighting customers, are hungry to invent industry-defining technology, and thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, then this is the space for you.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development and expansion of key features and services;
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility;
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against tight deadlines;
- Build consumer, business, and developer-facing products and services;
- Evaluate trade-offs between building new frameworks and expanding or augmenting existing frameworks across a variety of platforms; and
- Mentor team members within and outside of your own organization.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelors in Engineering
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for system scalability, performance, and reliability
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with engineers and non-technical peers
- Demonstrated ability to lead other engineers in operational excellence and software development best-practices
- Track-record of achieving stretch goals in a self-motivated and fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:03:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!