Job title: Sr Mgr, Engineering
Job description: Posting Job Description
Responsible for providing direction and leadership to designated staff. Develop and maintain product integrity strategies and oversee engineering initiatives. Coordinate and collaborate with clients/users, the development team, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient, timely manner. Looking for a highly organized, results-oriented individual with extensive experience managing deliverable timelines in a team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate and negotiate expectations, dates, and milestones with cross functional team members, including project management, engineering, quality assurance, and upper-level management.
- Manage day-to-day progress of tasks and deliverables.
- Know at all times the health of projects, risks and implications to timelines.
- Improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, dynamic working environment.
- Identify the customer requirements, analyze the alternatives, and conduct product recommendations related to the platform, software, and network configurations.
- Manage engineering staff involved in the implementation, maintenance, enhancement and troubleshooting of cloud computing and product delivery platforms.
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop an effective front line Leadership team and assist them with developing their direct reports as to drive a high-performance culture and environment.
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Proficient knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Familiarity with container solutions including the following technologies: EKS, Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, Portworx, Vault, and Helm.
- Experience with DevOps practices and CI/CD experience with Git, Gitlab, Github, Stash, Bitbucket, Terraform, Vault, Artifactory, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Puppet, and Chef.
- Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services (such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, EKS, ECS, etc).
- Strong knowledge of third-party cloud providers and their limitations.
- Have an understanding of branching and software configuration management.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Experience with Database development and support of MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, memSQL, and Redis.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e., word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to provide effective, results oriented direction.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
Related Work Experience
6+ years Manager experience demonstrating growing levels of manager responsibilities
3+ year Project Management work experience
3+ years of related leadership experience
Exposure to moderate noise levels
May work in Lab environment
EGN600 Sr Mgr, Engineering
Area of Interest
Engineering, Information Technology, IT Management/Project Management
Corporate – CCL – CORPL
Controlling Establishment ID
01093 – Englewood Grasslands Dr
More on Spectrum
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.
Location: Englewood, CO
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 22:32:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!