Job title: Sr IT Security Engineer – Remote from any US, Eastern or Central time zone location Information Technology
Company: CNO Financial Group
Job description: Description
Position at CNO Financial Group, Inc.
CNO’s IT team is hiring a Sr IT Security Engineer. The Senior Engineer will work with minimal supervision with a diverse range of stakeholders to design and implement solutions for complex technical problems. The Senior Engineer will serve as the subject matter expert for security related tools, and lead/coach less senior team members. The Engineer will design, implement, and maintain related security tools and technologies for the company. This role monitors and controls performance and status of all security systems. The role is constantly looking for ways to optimize system resources to enhance the effectiveness and security of the environment.
As a Sr IT Security Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Annual projects and deliverables are established using company business goals and strategies, as communicated by the CISO and Director Security Architecture.
- Clear engineering diagrams, security analysis, whitepapers, system documentation, presentations, and other deliverables.
- The ability to present to diverse size groups and translate security technologies and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining security-related technologies.
- Participates in projects as required; analyze, design, develop, and implement security solutions which protect the information assets while enabling business functionality.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies and diagnoses problems affecting information security tools and systems providing 2nd and 3rd tier operational support.
- Provides information security expertise and consulting to internal IT, business system owners, and other stakeholders.
- Performs product and solution life cycle management ensuring capacity, integrity and availability of all security systems.
- Aligns technologies to support overall strategy and information security framework.
- Ensures new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of enterprise operations.
- Reviews new and existing system designs for compliance with security standards and best practices.
The Sr IT Security Engineer position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have strong and solid knowledge of IT Infrastructure solutions (Operating Systems, Networks, DNS, Firewalls, SSO, MFA, F5s, Azure, Active Directory, etc.) including Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS,and SaaS).
- Demonstrates strong group facilitation skills.
- Exhibit strong problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to combine complex data from multiple sources for analysis.
- Can effectively prioritize and execute tasks within expectations and balancing multiple priorities.
- Collaborate across multiple business functions to elicit and document Business Requirements.
- Working with Junior Engineers to help engage and train on our Security tools to build their individual tool skill sets.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related discipline OR 8 years relevant work experience as an equivalent.
- At least 5 years of Security Engineering or Infrastructure experience.
- Hands on Experience IT Infrastructure solutions (Operating Systems, Networks, DNS, Firewalls, SSO, MFA, F5s, Azure, Active Directory, etc.) including Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS,and SaaS)Strong Documentation skills.
- Applicable certifications preferred.
- Experience working in highly regulated organizations
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other business-related software
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a virtual and remote international team
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group offices reopened in April 2022 and we are pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60-mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham, Carmel, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week. This role is full time work from home (WFH), also known as Remote. This role can be performed from any US based location within the central or eastern time zone. Work cannot be performed from outside of the United States.
CNO provides life and health insurance, annuities, financial services, and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 8,600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S., including our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and corporate offices in Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward-to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We’re looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We’ll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you’re looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to
Location: Carmel, IN – Chicago, IL
Job date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 23:48:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!