Job title: Sr. Graphics Designer
Job description: Company Description
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa is seeking an experienced designer to support corporate marketing activation for Cybersource, the global payments management platform within Visa. The Sr. Designer, Global Business Marketing role will support key marketing partners as part of a small in-house agency team.
Our focus is digital-first in all we do and leveraging it to create great experiences. This role requires someone with world-class design skills who can work across multiple mediums and translate print to digital, static to motion. We are ending the PDF era and shifting to web, social, UX and the ability to engage users with thumb-stopping creative. This person should be willing to smartly challenge the status quo in order to get to a net end goal of a fresh, interesting, and modern design standard. Our creative should be bold, relevant, and cut through the noise in today’s world of content and creative inundation.
It is an exciting time with a focus on achieving maximum impact and you will be instrumental in building our excellent in-house creative services. We are not interested in doing things the way they have always been done. Cybersource is focused on innovation, and we only want innovative minds and A+ players.
This role will support product marketing, global lines of business, partner marketing, and the team it sits on (Brand & Digital). You will roll up your sleeves and get right to work creating everything from site and digital assets to now virtual events. It will not be boring, we promise. You’ll have the ability to be part of something interesting where you will see your direct impact rather than being just another cog in the wheel.
This role reports to the Manager, Brand Advertising for Cybersource.
This position will be responsible for
- Production of new and existing concepts to provide complete deliverables, creating on-brand guides and templates where needed
- Sample asset types
- Web design
- Social media creative
- Motion graphics
- Animated gifs
- Video (heavy on YouTube)
- Digital events
- Presentation materials
- Multi-project production
- Extending visual systems/brand guidelines across mediums
- Visualization, design, and conceptualization of user experiences to ensure best-of-breed marketing, advertising, and CX
- Providing guidance to achieve creative direction, gives timely and helpful coaching, and produces all work in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Ensuring quality meets standards and prepare deliverables for handoff to developers, client, etc.
- Outstanding art direction and design experience across a variety of media including digital, social, marketing, and sales collateral
- Perform creative, strategically sound, and on-brand design work for in-house clients
- Working closely with the Brand and Digital team to ensure brand consistency and high-quality content on our web site – but also work across our teams in marketing and sales.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Creates interest through mediums, is daring, bold. Thinks differently. Willing to challenge boundaries and existing practices to enable the strongest and most impactful creative expression possible, and understands when to compromise or let it go
- Must be a strong conceptual thinker as well as hands on across all digital, multi-media, and static mediums (e.g. web, email, event design)
- 7+ years industry experience, preferably 1+ in a cross disciplinary agency
- Highly detail-oriented, excellent organization, self-motivated, able to juggle multiple projects, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve problems using keen instincts and organizational experience
- Self-motivated, self-managed. Gets stuff done – on time, on budget.
- Visual Design background, great systematic design / multichannel experience as well as campaign / storytelling abilities
- Has a positive and collaborative spirit in working cross-org
- Multi-media, animation, and video production experience and a desire to learn
- Expert in Adobe CS, Sketch, other relevant design software
- Portfolio should highlight variety of work across mediums
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 22:34:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!