Job title: Sr. Director, Compound Management
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Job description: At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Sr. Director, Compound Management, Leads Discovery and Optimization
Leads Discovery and Optimization (LDO) is a dynamic organization that supports the entire continuum of drug discovery from lead identification to clinical candidate delivery at Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS). LDO leverages state of the art technologies, complemented by deep subject matter expertise and broad scientific knowledge, to deliver innovative and comprehensive preclinical in vitro datasets to support our drug discovery pipeline in disease areas such as oncology, immunology, fibrosis, cardiovascular diseases, and cell therapy.
We are seeking a Sr. Director to lead Compound Management teams within LDO across multiple BMS sites: Lawrenceville NJ; Cambridge MA; and Brisbane, Redwood City, San Diego CA. The position will be based in Lawrenceville NJ, reporting to the Head of Automation and Assay Technologies, with up to 25% travel required to other east and west coast sites. This is a high-profile and challenging opportunity to articulate a visionary strategy for compound library organization and delivery across a distributed network, drive innovations in process automation and data management, and lead and mentor teams engaged in time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Lead and mentor team of approximately 45, comprising mix of BMS and contingent staff
- Promote continuous improvement and technological innovation to support vision of an industry-leading compound management organization providing rapid and seamless delivery
- Articulate strategy for optimal integration of BMS sites on east and west coasts with central repository in Lawrenceville NJ; engage key stakeholders in Biology and Chemistry
- Work closely with LDO informatics and data analytics, BMS IT, and external vendors to ensure optimal software for compound request, inventory management, and workflow prioritization
- Evaluate externalization of certain libraries and workflows to CROs to promote efficiencies and secure business continuity
- Maintain visible and active presence in Lawrenceville compound management labs, and travel approximately bimonthly to east and west coast sites to engage with lab personnel there
- Cultivate and maintain productive and forward-looking relationships with key vendors and technology providers, especially Brooks Automation and Titian
- Set clear and mutually agreeable expectations with key stakeholders in biology and chemistry regarding compound delivery timelines and throughput.
Bachelor’s Degree and 15+ years of academic or industry experience
Master’s Degree and 12+ years of academic or industry experience
PhD and 10+ years of academic and industry experience
Plus 8 + years of leadership experience
- 10-15 + years in compound management in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or CRO industry
- Experience with automated compound storage and retrieval, and both tip-based and acoustic liquid handling technologies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of sample management logistics and software platforms, including request portals, inventory tracking, and workflow prioritization
- Established relationships with key equipment and software vendors; preferred examples include Agilent, Beckman/Labcyte, Brooks, HighRes Biosolutions, Tecan, and Titian
- Demonstrated track record as a leader and mentor of team of at least 10-20 ranging from highly experienced to new staff and part-time contractors
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with a variety of providers and stakeholders, both within BMS and external.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Location: Princeton, NJ
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 01:44:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!