Job title: Sr. Building Performance Engineer
Job description: Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Serve as the lead commissioning authority and lead or perform commissioning tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in developing opportunities for future work, including meeting with clients, writing proposals, developing fees, preparing for and attending interviews and negotiating contracts.
- Perform ASHRAE Level 1, 2 and 3 energy audits
- Perform retro-commissioning services for existing buildings
- Review design phase MEP drawings for conformance to the Owner’s Project Requirements with emphasis on system selection, maintainability, operability and control sequences
- Lead and perform construction phase and post-occupancy phase commissioning tasks
- Perform measurement and verification services to track energy use in buildings and identify opportunities for energy reduction
- Analyze central plant heating and cooling systems and develop strategies for optimization
- Assist in the training and development of engineers
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years of commissioning experience
- Masters or BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- PE and LEED accreditation preferred
- A commissioning certification from the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), the Building Commissioning Association (BCA), or the University of Wisconsin
- Experience with automatic controls operation, and troubleshooting
- Experience in optimizing HVAC systems for comfort, IAQ and energy efficiency.
- General knowledge of multiple types of Building Automation Systems is preferred, for example, Automated Logic WebCTRL, Distech EC, JCI Metasys, Tridium Niagara, and Siemens Apogee and Desigo
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Ability and experience with identifying client needs, writing scope and fees to meet these needs
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing clients, project teams and project processes
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of CxAlloy and Microsoft Office Suite products
- Highly motivated to learn more about sustainable practices and is passionate about sustainability and energy efficiency
HGA is both team-oriented and employee-friendly, and social activities are integrated into our office culture. We offer challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to be part of some great projects.
Location: Middleton, WI
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:28:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!