Job title: Special Education Paraeducator
Company: Mounds View Public Schools
Job description: Two years of post-secondary coursework (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) from an accredited institution of higher education which are applicable toward a bachelors degree, or
Passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment. (For more information on the ParaPro Assessment, contact Educational Testing Service at 1-800-772-9476 or ) * Must possess and display excellent human relations skills when dealing with staff, students, and community.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to get along with other people, work cooperatively in team situations and have patience in dealing with parents and students.
- Health care experience or training may be required
- Ability to work with emotionally, physically and/or mentally impaired students.
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to interpret documents, ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations and interpret data related to student performance.
- Ability to operate a computer and knowledge of multiple software packages.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
- Instruct and support students in classrooms, other learning sites and community settings. Assist the student in developing self-advocacy skills and in developing greater independence.
- Monitor, evaluate and record classroom behaviors, problem solve and discuss expectations of appropriate behavior with students; initiate appropriate consequences for student misbehavior (time-out, problem solving or modified learning center). Problem solves with disruptive students and gives positive feedback. Assists with determining goals for students. In and EBD program or other extreme cases, may be required to restrain students consistent with individual student plans and District policy.
- Meet with teacher to determine appropriate levels of student performance, needed modifications of instructional objectives and assignments. Provides input regarding student needs. Assists in implementing daily instructional plans.
- May occasionally supervise students in modified learning center, assist students with assignments, monitor, evaluate and record student behavior, present recommendations to teachers, support staff and administrators.
- May provide students with assistance in dealing with issues such as personal hygiene, medical needs, toileting, diapering, lifting, writing, feeding, boarding and/or getting off busses.
- Supervise student during lunch, in hallways and on field trips to insure orderly conduct.
- Administer, correct and grade worksheets and tests, record grades, assign work, assume responsibility of small instructional groups or classroom when teacher is temporarily called out of room.
- Preparation of classroom materials, filing, filling out review evaluation sheets on students, preparing memos and letters for staff and parents.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss the academic, behavioral and vocational progress of students with appropriate staff including teachers, psychologists, social workers, and parents and employers in job setting situations.
- Must be able to lift.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
Regularly required to walk throughout a building and may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance or push up to 90 pounds, and must be able to restrain students when needed, and may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Expected salary: $23.26 per hour
Job date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 23:42:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!