Job title: Software Quality Engineering Manager – SQA Manager (Hybrid)
Company: Limitless Talent Solutions
Job description: Location: This job can be onsite at one of two facilities: Portland, OR or Billerica, MA.
Hybrid Work Option: Because this role involves a combination of collaborative in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely. The hybrid schedule is dependent upon project needs.
We are seeking a Software Quality Engineering Manager to join our multidisciplinary team responsible for developing next generation multi-spectral (infrared, low-light, and visible light) imaging systems. Candidates must be self-motivated, able to work closely with the leadership team, be experienced in managing an SQE team, as well as have experience with tools and methodologies used for software testing in an embedded environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages a growing multi-site SQA department
- Leads SQA department activities like configuration management, requirements management, software testing, software releases and deployment
- Ensures that the department milestones are met and adheres to approved budgets
- Supports and implements continuous improvements to process; recommends alternative methodologies for testing where needed
- Identifies and maintains critical metrics for the department
- Supports audits with traceable documentation
- Oversees SW Quality and Testing including all types of testing (unit, functionality, regression, performance, black and white box testing, etc.
- Drives design and implementation of automated testing tools
- Writes /reviews Testing documents, including Test Plans, Test cases, Test reports, validation procedures, etc.
- Team player that promotes a close working relationship between the SQA department and the SW / FW development team
- Ability to take development team unit tests and put them into an automated test suite.
- Experience with real-time, embedded, software systems, using asymmetric multiprocessing techniques, in a multithreaded environment. Exposure to commercial, real-time operating systems (e.g. Linux, VxWorks, FreeRTOS, etc.).
Experience in key areas is a plus:
- Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes
- Experience with assisting organizations to formulate quality standards and regulations for employees and product
- Demonstrated skills in the development of strategies to improve the Software Quality Testing Process
- BS in Computer Science, or applicable technical field. A minimum of 10 years of relevant SQA / SQA leadership
- A successful candidate will have experience that demonstrates the ability to design and implement testing for complex software subsystems. This includes creating not only tests, but test automation where practical.
- Familiarity with software development, configuration management, and defect tracking tools is assumed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills to foster a cooperative environment.
- Strong team member with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
COVID Vaccination Requirement: Due to Federal Contract requirements, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption.
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 22:28:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!