Job title: Software Engineering Manager
Job description: Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what’s next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Role is located onsite in Irving Texas. All applicants must already live in the United States in a commutable distance from Irving Texas and roles are not eligible for sponsorship.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attract and retain key talent
- Assess performance and focus on team’s career grow opportunities
- Identify and resolve program deviations
- Contributes to an open and transparent work environment
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Has strong experience in Agile development
- Has strong experience leading distributed teams (in different time zones preferred)
- Has lead software development and/or QA efforts
- Has been responsible for projects outcome in terms of deliverables, budget and timeline.
- Experience in telecom/contact center industry and with cloud-based technologies highly desirable
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Awareness of cloud native technologies – hosted Kubernetes applications and hosted platform/container services
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the company
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Experience with related tools and processes: Git, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, TDD, BDD, API first, Code Reviews.
- Capable of making timely decisions with incomplete information
- Can identify trends/root causes and take action so desired results are achieved
- Advanced English proficiency
- 10+ years related industry experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related field
- Agile Certifications (desired)
COMPENSATION – SECTION PERTAINS TO COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $117,300.00 + bonus + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
5 – 8 Years of Experience
Minimal People Management Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Advance Degree preferred
Expected salary: $117300 per year
Location: Irving, TX
Job date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 05:17:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!