Job title: Software Engineering Lead
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Description As an Engineering Lead as part of a design system team at JPMorgan Chase, you’ll apply your knowledge and expertise to supporting and leading front-end developers. The role involves managing a backlog of defects and feature requests. In addition, you’ll be making technical decisions on the products your team delivers and working with your team to address Product Owner needs. You’ll work closely with designers, Product, QA, and developers to ensure implementation is to spec. This position is a hybrid of working from home and one of our offices in Columbus, OH, Plano, TX, and New York, NY. Qualifications Required
- Experience in leading a technical team, ideally in front-end development
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally, a Bachelor of Science) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field of study
- 2 years of experience in the job offered
- 5 years of experience as a Software Developer, as an IT Consultant, or in a related occupation
- Knowledge and experience in ES6+
- Knowledge and experience working with HTML5
- Knowledge and experience working with CSS and popular precompilers, like Sass and LESS
- Knowledge and experience using popular build tools, like Gulp and Webpack
- Knowledge and experience in TDD and modern testing frameworks that support it, like Karma and Mocha
- Understanding of source control and experience working with modern tools that support it, such as Git
- Knowledge and experience in TypeScript
- Knowledge and experience in building web components
- Understanding UX design concepts like responsive web design
- Familiarity and experience working in an Agile environment
- Work with web performance tools, such as Lighthouse
- Experience in using CSS for animation
- Experience building UI web components to support a hybrid experience in mobile apps
- Understanding and experience using CI/CD tools
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: New York
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:45:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!