Job title: Software Engineering Advisor – Evernorth (Work at Home)
Job description: We are a a global health service company dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and peace of mind. But we don’t just care about your well -being, we care about your career health to. That’s why when you work with us, you can count on a different kind of career – you’ll make a difference, learn a ton and share in changing the way people think about healthcare.
- The Software Engineering Advisor has specific responsibilities of leading application development systems design.
- The delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of the system logic.
- Responsible for reviewing and guiding the code of other team members through reviews.
- This role is empowered and accountable for software systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms.
- Triage, debugging, surveillance & monitoring are all key activities for non-development environments.
- Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required.
- Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions answering to complex business needs.
- Partner with fellow COE team members.
- Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise technology stack.
Must be a current contractor with Cigna, Express Scripts, or Evernorth. Evernorth is a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
- Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution technical issues and complexities.
- Identify process improvement and code synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
- Consult with business departments as needed.
- Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management.
- Works on resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
- Ensures defects are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved, whether in non-production or production.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- Must be a current contractor with Cigna, Express Scripts, or Evernorth. Evernorth is a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 1 year of experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years working with software development
- Must be a current contractor with Cigna or Express Scripts
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively across project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong elicitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Familiarity with healthcare or PBM industry preferred.
- Experience with Java and ETL process
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of $95,900 – $159,800, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
Helping our customers achieve healthier, more secure lives is at the heart of what we do. While you take care of our customers, we’ll take care of you through a comprehensive benefits program that helps you be at your best. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and best in class well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and dozens of corporate discounts on essentials you use every day. For more details on our employee benefits programs, please visit the “Life at Cigna” tab on our careersite: www.cigna.com/careers
Evernorth, Cigna Corporation’s health services segment, exists to elevate health for all. We’re building on our legacy and redefining health care as we know it. Unbiased in how we think, we create without limitation. We partner without constraints, deliver value differently and act in the interest of humanity. Solving across silos, closing gaps in care, and empowering clients, customers, and people everywhere to move onward and upward. When you work with us, you’ll be empowered to solve the problems others don’t, won’t or can’t. Join us. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] for support. Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Expected salary: $95900 – 159800 per year
Location: Bloomfield, CT
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 22:21:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!