Job title: Senior Property Accountant – Real Estate
Company: Baker Tilly
Job description: Job Description:
Are you ready for a new accounting challenge?
Do you want to use your experience from public or private accounting in a new way?
Join (BT) as a Senior Property Accountant with our growing outsourced practice! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor property accounting services to multiple clients across the country. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
In this role, you will work in a cloud based environment and serve as a Senior Accounting Associate for multiple clients across the country, working with a team of professionals to provide property accounting services to their businesses. Come and join a fast growing team, where we can offer you variety in your client work to help you grow your skills and a steady schedule to allow for a healthy work/life balance!
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for your next challenge, crave variety where no day is the same and feel your skills and experience can be better utilized
- You are comfortable using technology and would enjoy helping businesses become more automated through cloud based accounting solutions
- You are looking to be part of a fast growing, innovative practice where your hard work and creativity can help us continue to build, improve and advance
- You like a corporate accounting department schedule and environment, but also crave the investment in technology and training that an innovative CPA firm provides to accountants
What you will do:
The Senior Property Accounting Associate will handle accounting matters for various commercial/retail/hospitality assets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial reporting package for each assigned property
- Maintain accounting records for ownership entities holding real estate assets
- Monitor compliance of certain ownership, debt and other agreements
- Prepare annualized income and expense projections each month to assist Property Management and client in cash flow management and determining when investor approvals are required
- Prepare and analyze periodic excess net cash flow distribution calculations
- Prepare journal entries related to significant transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, and financings
- Prepare data to support the annual financial statement audit and preparation of tax returns
- Assist in preparation and review of annual budget
- Work alongside Property Management to prepare tenant reconciliation settlements in accordance with stipulated lease terms including, but not limited to, operating expenses, real estate taxes and utilities
- Input and setup all new leases and lease renewals in property management software
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and with your clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Three+ (3)+ years of experience in commercial real estate or public accounting (with exposure to commercial real estate)
- Development/Construction accounting background is preferred
- Intermediate to advance with MS Office software/Excel
- Experience with MRI or Yardi
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S., without sponsorship, highly preferred
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Location: Madison, WI – Milwaukee, WI
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 03:03:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!