Job title: Senior Project Manager (Sherman, TX) – Austin Commercial
Company: Austin Commercial, LP
Job description: Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to grow your career at one of the industry’s leading construction firms? Put your expertise and project management skills to work at Austin Commercial. Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Senior Construction Project Manager for large commercial construction projects in Sherman, TX. We set the standard for commercial construction and we are looking for talented construction professionals to join us. Austin is 100% employee-owned, so every one of our employee-owners has a stake in our success. As a result, we consistently meet and exceed our customers’ expectations with our commitment to safety, service, and integrity. Join us today. We Own It!
The positions of senior project manager (referred to as PM hereafter) and senior superintendent (referred to as superintendent hereafter) are considered of equal authority on a project, work in tandem and parallel, have overlapping responsibilities, are intended to complement each other in various operational responsibilities on the project, and share bottom-line accountability. Reporting to the regional project manager, this position’s purpose is to manage a major project with complex conditions of size, schedule, or phases.
Semiconductor and advanced technology experience are highly preferred for this role.
- Oversees a major construction project by planning, scheduling and coordinating all phases of the project
- Organizes and manages a large project staff where the duties of project managers and superintendents must be divided between multiple employee-owners
- When a project is to be handled through a preconstruction agreement, the PM works directly with owners and architects during plan development, providing technical and cost input (value engineering) as well as preliminary budget estimates. When working drawings are complete, the PM works with the Estimating department to solicit subcontractor bids and prepare the final cost estimate and proposal to establish final contract amount.
- Assumes overall responsibility for startup activities on the project; works with the superintendent on matters such as site security, temporary power, utility connections, placement of office trailers, locations for stored materials, etc. a) On projects where access to the jobsite is limited, the PM works closely with the superintendent, suppliers, trucking companies and municipal police to schedule deliveries at specific hours during the day and night to minimize the disruption in traffic.
- Performs a detailed review of subcontractor bids for buyout purposes and awards subcontracts when negotiations have been concluded; ensures that subcontractors have all the required bonds and insurance policies in place before allowing work to begin, resolving problems as they arise regarding the interpretation/administration of the contracts
- Ensures that all terms and specifications in the contract are being met; inspects work in progress at frequent intervals to ensure that work put in place is in accordance with the plans and specifications; works with the superintendent to ensure that uniformly high standards of quality are established and maintained throughout the project; documents construction problems/deficiencies encountered for future reference
- Approves all subcontractor work for partial and/or full payment, approving and coding invoices and signing pay requests; ensures that all close-out documentation and punch list items are satisfactorily resolved before authorizing final release of retainage; monitors subcontractors and vendors for adherence to performance and payment obligations under the agreement and makes timely notifications to Risk Management or the surety as required
- Establishes and maintains a cost accounting system in accordance with corporate guidelines; oversees the conversion of bid documents to the various cost elements in the Job Cost Statement; prepares monthly job status reports for review by management; investigates and attempts to remedy cost variances that are not within established norms; reviews Labor Cost Reports with the superintendent at regular intervals and ensures that field supervisors are kept up to date on the unit costs for their work and how it compares with the bid estimate
- Prepares and submits the monthly pay request for the owners and architects, ensuring that billings are processed in an accurate, timely manner; if delays in payment are encountered, the PM identifies and corrects the cause of the delay in order to expedite payment
- Works with the Scheduling department to develop a master construction schedule outlining the sequence of work to be performed; ensures that the CPM schedule is updated periodically, based on change orders, field performance, availability of construction materials and similar factors that can impact the final completion date
- Distributes proposed changes for pricing, prices any self-perform work, verifies subcontractor pricing, and evaluates the schedule impact due to the change in scope; submits and negotiates proposed changes, ensuring that necessary owner approvals have been obtained in writing before construction work begins and notifies the superintendent of the accepted changes
- Works together with the superintendent, ensures compliance with all federal, state and municipal laws, ordinances and building codes related to construction, including company policies and procedures dealing with employment, compensation, health, safety, labor/management relations, etc.; takes corrective action as necessary to ensure compliance, reducing company exposure to litigation and/or fines
- Performs a variety of tasks associated with completion of a project, including closeout documentation, completion reports, collection of final monies due, SWPPP, etc.
- In regards to safety, establishes the requirements and expectations for the project; reviews the safety manual and procedures with the project team; establishes the requirements for safety inspections and the use of Predictive Solutions; reviews accident reports and other documents dealing with overall safety practices
- Bachelors of Science degree in Construction Management or related degree.
- You must have 10+ years of experience working on large commercial construction projects.
- Austin Commercial is proud of our customer service reputation and is looking for construction professionals with the same dedication.
- Experience in one or more of the following types of construction: airports, high rises, healthcare facilities, semiconductor wafer fabs, university facilities, research labs, sports facilities, corporate build-to-suite, hospitality, or themed entertainment.
- Experience with project management software.
- Experience with cost projection, scheduling, financial analysis, budget reviews, and labor reports.
- Ability to build and manage direct reports.
- Successful completion of OSHA 30-Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training required (may obtain within first year of employment).
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP)! To learn more about Austin, please go to https://www.austin-ind.com/our-company/who-we-are.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Austin (“The Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all federal, state, and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names, or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names, or summaries submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
About Austin Commercial
Become an owner of one of North America’s most respected and fastest-growing commercial construction firms! Austin Commercial’s employee-owners put our expertise to work in regional and national operations, building iconic projects that set the bar in our industry. Whether world-class airports and aviation facilities, technologically advanced healthcare facilities, cutting-edge educational and research facilities, professional sports stadiums, high-rises, hospitality, and other leading commercial markets, Austin’s industry expertise and ingenuity are second to none. Become an employee-owner today, grow your career, and put your skills to work at Austin Commercial. We Own It!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
See job description
Location: Sherman, TX
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:37:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!