Job title: Senior Product Manager, Employee Benefits (Remote)
Company: Newfront Insurance
Job description: From the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there’s a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we’re building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than “disrupting” them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe creates breakout opportunities and .
As a Product Manager at Newfront you’ll be responsible for product planning, scoping, and execution. You’ll work to define concrete projects for the product engineering team to tackle to unlock Newfront’s growth.
We develop our Employee Benefits products for 3 different user groups:
– HR Leaders: HR Leaders need a comprehensive Total Rewards program to compete in the talent war. In addition to standard Medical/Dental/Vision plans, they need to understand what peers are buying and how they stack up. They’re also drowning in compliance paperwork and administrative challenges.
– Employees: Our clients’ employees need to better understand what benefits they have and how to use them. They want to make sure they’re making the best decision for themselves and their family to stay healthy and financially stable.
– The Newfront Team: We enable Newfront brokers and other servicing team members to focus on stellar service for our clients rather than data entry, PDF generation, and repeating status updates. We aim to automate these tedious processes and make tools that help the team effectively advise and support clients using data.
As the leader of the Employee Benefits product, you’ll manage the Newfront client experience for Employee Benefits. You’ll work closely with Design and Engineering teammates to ship a modern dashboard that serves as the central nervous system for HR leaders to manage their plans and vendors, identify areas for improvement, and engage their employees. You’ll also craft an employee app that guides Newfront clients’ employees through their benefits, helps them improve their health and wellbeing, and answers any questions.
We value collaboration with cross-functional peers and encourage them to work directly with Product Management to help them progress towards their goals. You should feel comfortable communicating product and technical development processes to a non-technical audience and with the leadership team.
- Distilling complex requirements into simple frameworks. The insurance industry is one built on exceptions, and features you build will need to be a multiplier in enabling workflows while being flexible enough to manage those exceptions.
- Aligning diverse partners and teams of engineers, designers, and operations to guide a shared vision and set your team’s goals, success metrics, and roadmap to align with Newfront’s mission to turn risk into opportunity for clients.
- Working with Designers and Engineers to prioritize, plan, and execute. You will conduct research and create product specs, influence and provide feedback on product designs, and work with engineering to drive high-quality feature launches.
- Communicating a cohesive product investment framework. At a startup, there are a million features we could be launching, but you’ve picked this one. You’ll need to clearly reason about your ideas and be able to communicate frameworks for prioritizing and executing on projects through metrics creation, ROI evaluation, and impact analysis.
- Partner with product operations to enable complex rollouts for Newfront clients.
- Experience: 4-7 years of product management experience with software products. Deep knowledge of how an high-output engineering organization should function and clear expectations of different players and partners within engineering org.
- Systems thinking: Ability to see how various products and features should fit together to serve the operations team, with the analytical skills to justify the approach being taken. Demonstrated ability to identify foundational issues with product strategy and then actively invest in these projects for the benefit of the team and company long term.
- Execution: Self-starter, independently motivated. Bias towards action and experimentation. Capacity to juggle multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining incredible attention to detail.
- Communication and collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work closely with, manage, and align stakeholders within operations, engineering, user research, design, and other business functions. Ability to create and communicate intuitive frameworks for thinking about products. Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written) for technical and non-technical colleagues up to and including the executive-level.
- Long-term product strategy: Experience creating strategic product roadmaps that span multiple years.
- Relevant domain spaces: prior experience with fintech, health tech, marketplaces, or insurance
- Background in Computer Science, Math and Statistics, Operations Research or a related technical discipline.
- Experience managing product managers and/or other product adjacent functions (e.g. designers, analysts). We’re growing!
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 01:32:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!