Job title: Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job description: Date Posted: 2022-06-29-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The Indianapolis plant currently has an opening for an experienced Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze, develop and implement manufacturing procedures and processes designed to maximize utilization of equipment, labor and material. The candidate must also demonstrate knowledge and application of continuous improvement methods to impact production efficiency and reduce costs in both assembly and fabrication operations. You will manage a large team of experienced professionals and team leaders in Manufacturing Engineering. Establish mid-term objectives and goals for engineering and technical work. Serves as the principal spokesperson and consolidates business intelligence data to inform the development of processes.
This position reports directly to the Assoc. Director, Engineering and Maintenance.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Direct supervision of about 18 salaried manufacturing engineers
- Providing leadership to the manufacturing engineering team in staffing, budgeting, performance management, equipment maintenance, OEE and productivity
- Responsible for developing the engineering team’s future outlook and strategy and ensuring it aligns with the greater business objectives
- Collaborate with the operations team to prioritize and coordinate equipment PM, repair, troubleshooting, modification, and upgrades with the operations and maintenance departments while ensuring adherence to schedules and cost plans
- Utilize the Carrier Excellence (Cx) operating system to propose and implement changes to existing equipment and processes to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost effective use of resources
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree w/10+ years experience
- MA/MS degree w/7+ years experience
- Master’s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years’ experience in a related electronics or manufacturing environment preferred
- Highly self-motivated who is results-oriented and has showcased a track record of delivering
- Promotes learning and sharing culture
- Sense of commitment and urgency
- Effective leadership skills and experience managing and directing a team of manufacturing engineers
- Ability to build an empowered team focused on identifying the best talent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective at influencing at all levels and cross-functionally
- Exceptionally strong analytical and diagnostic skills
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice:
Click on this to read the Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:47:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!