Job title: Senior Legal Counsel
Job description: Job Description
With a long legacy of success, innovation and customer awards, Advantest America, Inc. (AAI) is the North American subsidiary of Advantest Corporation, the world’s largest provider of automated test equipment (ATE) to the semiconductor industry. We lead the way in developing new and innovative test and handling solutions for the global electronics industry. Advantest America, Inc. (AAI) has experienced record growth in the US and is parent company to Advantest Test Solutions Inc., Essai, Inc., R&D Altanova, and other US and foreign based subsidiaries.
This person will report to the Advantest America, Inc. General Counsel and will support internal business units primarily by drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on a wide variety of commercial contracts, licensing and related technology focused agreements in accordance with Advantest America, Inc policies to effectively and efficiently serve many internal clients while protecting the interests of Advantest.
The ideal candidate is a pro-active, critical thinker, who can work cross functionally, timely, independently and in collaboration with a larger team in a fast paced, growing technology and manufacturing company. Must be licensed to practice law and in good standing in the state of California or any other US state (with eligibility as CA Registered In House Counsel).
This is a full-time position and intended to work primarily at Advantest America, Inc’s headquarters in San Jose, CA. Alternate work locations in established, alternate AAI office locations in the western US may be possible, but preference to those who can and will work from the San Jose, CA Headquarters. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Draft, review and negotiate terms and conditions in a variety of agreements, but with a particular emphasis on those concerning equipment and engineering sales and services, software and eBusiness related services and licensing (e.g. Saas, Paas, Iaas), technology development agreements, licensing and similar intellectual property related agreements and other company agreement for assigned internal clients.
- Review defined contract terms, limitation of liability, intellectual property indemnity, license grants and warranty, revising accordingly consistent with Advantest policies and procedures.
- Interpret and clarify for internal clients and other parties concerning contract terms and conditions
- Review contract requirements and advise on associated legal and compliance issues
- Participate in design, implementation and education concerning legal issues, as assigned
- Conduct research and provide counseling on contractual, compliance, intellectual property and other matters
- Coordinate frequently with subsidiaries of Advantest America, Inc. and globally with companies in Advantest Group
- Other duties in connection with the foregoing
- Law degree from an accredited US law school; Admitted to practice in California; strong academic credentials highly desired
- Approximately 6+ years’ relevant experience with a law firm and/or in-house legal department — including experience with most if not all matters described above, combination of some prior law firm experience along with experience in-house in a multi-national technology corporation highly preferred.
- Substantive experience in commercial business transactions, including sales and purchase contracts in technology related equipment and engineering services, software licensing and eBusiness, manufacturing and supply; intellectual property related considerations including licensing, IP ownership and risk allocation; corporate compliance; cross-border projects.
- In-house experience with a software, SaaS, or technology-oriented company a plus
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Professional discretion and high ethical standards and integrity
- Good work ethic, timely, proactive, good judgment, reliable and common sense
- Excellent written, proofreading, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, internal and external customers and maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism
- Ability to understand and execute conceptual directions without needing every detail and with minimal supervision
- Ability to make discretionary decisions with confidence and minimal guidance
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple assignments within specified deadlines
- Enjoys working with colleagues, a team player
Field of Activity
– § 60-300.5(a)(2)(3)(4) Equal opportunity clause. Details the job posting requirements.
– § 60-300.5(a)(6) Equal opportunity clause. All employment openings includes all positions except executive and senior management, those positions that will be filled from within the contractor’s organization, and positions lasting three days or less. This term includes full-time employment, temporary employment of more than three days’ duration, and part-time employment.
In providing a safe and healthy workplace for all of our employees, Advantest America, Inc., and its subsidiaries, (“Advantest”), new employment job offers are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Advantest America Inc. Human Resources prior to their scheduled start date, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodations.
Advantest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Advantest to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Notice for California Residents:
Location: San Jose, CA
Job date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 04:12:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!