Job title: Senior Graphics Programmer
Company: Sky Castle Studios, LLC
Job description: Job Title: Senior Graphics Programmer
Reporting To: CEO & Lead Programmer
Location: Santa Monica, CA, or Remote
We’re a small team with big ideas. Sky Castle Studios is a fully remote company, centered in Santa Monica, California. We’re a group of talented artists, developers, character riggers, 3D modelers, in-house customer service agents, and gamers and nerds of all stripes. When we’re not brainstorming and creating new platforms, we’re a bunch of friends who enjoy sharing the latest developments in geek culture, exploring new technologies, and sharing our creative endeavors!
If you’re interested in working with us you should be a self-starter with initiative. We won’t be looking over your shoulder, unless you’re showing us the cool new thing you just designed!
Our bread and butter is but we’re often expanding to other products and websites.
Visit our for a full list of Hero Forge’s open positions!
Sky Castle Studios offers a comprehensive suite of benefits including:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote employment with flexible scheduling.
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage for US employees.
- Membership to One Medical if available in your city.
- 401k with 6% company matching for US employees after 6 months.
- 15 days of paid vacation per year.
- 80 hours of paid sick time per year.
- 11 paid company holidays per year, plus a week of paid summer vacation and a week of paid holiday vacation.
- And much more!
Senior Graphics Programmer Job Description:
Sky Castle Studios is currently seeking an experienced Senior Graphics Programmer with 3+ years of professional experience to bring gaming engine technology to the Hero Forge platform.
- Be a part of the ground-up design experience for a new cross platform gameplay engine that supports collaborative and multiplayer gaming experiences.
- Work collaboratively with an established team of software developers and 3D artists.
- This is not an entry level position.
Senior Graphics Programmer Responsibilities:
- Research and implement new graphics related technologies for the company’s graphics engine.
- Collaborate with other members of the Hero Forge team to continuously improve our core technology, productivity, and efficiency.
- Identify technical and developmental obstacles and risks, and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Develop and maintain plug-ins and stand-alone applications used in the creation and preprocessing of geometry, textures, etc.
Senior Graphics Programmer Requirements:
- Required: 3+ years of professional, post-graduate experience working on AA or AAA 3D games.
- Experience working on at least one fully released AA or AAA 3D game.
- Experience writing render code including shaders, geometry processing, and lighting.
- Low level profiling and optimization skills, with the ability to write memory- and cache-friendly code.
- Strong math skills with excellent knowledge about 3D graphics algorithms and techniques.
- Fluency in a modern 3D graphics API.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- A solid understanding of game architecture, including the development of reusable software libraries.
Senior Graphics Programmer Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field.
- Knowledge of parallel programming and multi-threaded renderers.
At Sky Castle Studios, diversity is not just a core value, but a foundation of what we do. We strive to embrace our differences in the workplace, and to promote respectful representation of all people through the content we create. Diversity brings fresh perspectives that help us to better serve our community. Wherever you come from, and whatever background you bring, we’re excited to hear from you!
Sky Castle Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, observance, or practice, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 07:05:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!