Job title: #Senior Developer with Cloud/Architecture (Java, C++, or Python)
Company: DSFederal Inc
Job description: Description:
DSFederal Inc. is looking to hire a Senior Developer with Cloud/Architecture (Java, C++, or Python) to support National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). This opportunity is full time and onsite at the NCBI in Bethesda, MD.
NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the nation’s premier biomedical resource, is seeking a software developer to help deliver biological sequence annotation and data curation infrastructure for the nation’s foremost sequence and biomedical literature repositories. Sites at NCBI, a part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), see four million daily users searching for gene sequence data, biomedical journal citations, and a wide array of other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health. Work with teams of dedicated, skilled developers, researchers, and product professionals as you build robust, flexible solutions serving dozens of production applications, APIs and services in support of NCBIs mission.
DSFederal Inc. attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, and more. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional services and technology focused organization, we encourage you to apply!
- Responsible for the development, implementation, testing, and continued maintenance of NCBI bioinformatics pipelines
- Work with a diverse group of scientists, bioinformaticians and other developers across the center to implement efficient
- bioinformatics algorithms
- Facilitate development of cloud-ready tools and pipelines to support sustainable scalability and enable use by collaborators and scientists in the field
- Learn new technologies, keep up with internal systems, and share your knowledge with the team
- Lead other developers
- 5+ years of experience handling large amounts of data or working in a distributed computing environment
- Programming experience in a Linux environment
- Experience with Cloud technologies a strong plus
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambd
- GCP: GKE, Google Storage, cloud functions
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as: Java, C, C++
- Fluency in some scripting languages such as BASH, csh, Perl, or Python
- Ability to work with common structured documents (at least one of XML, JSON)
- Experience with open source projects
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, unit testing, integration and regression testing
- 5+ years of working with genetic and biological data
- Experience with MS SQL server, including XML typed data storage and manipulation
- Familiarity with NGS computational tools and formats (BWA, GATK, Galaxy, etc.)
- Demonstrated active involvement into open source communities (GitHub, etc.)
- Experience managing production workflow of an online public database
- Experience with RESTful API design
Location: Rockville, MD
Job date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 07:34:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!