Job title: Senior Counsel (Advertising, Events, and Marketing)
Company: Vox Media
Job description: Senior Counsel (Advertising, Events, and Marketing)
WHO WE ARE
The Legal & Business Affairs team of Vox Media has an opening for a Senior Counsel position who will be responsible for a wide array of revenue-related transactions. We’re looking for a business-minded attorney who has experience with digital and programmatic advertising, custom content, and e-commerce partnerships. This position reports to the Associate General Counsel while working closely with other members of the Legal & Business Affairs department, as well as internal business teams. This position is perfect for an attorney who can work within a team and has had exposure to a broad range of transactional matters relevant to digital advertising. While this is listed as a New York position, we are considering candidates who are regional to NYC in order to allow periodic travel to Vox Media’s New York City offices.
The Legal and Business Affairs department is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Negotiate and draft agreements with advertisers and ad agencies, including insertion orders, master services agreements, custom content addenda, and other documents related to the creation and distribution of advertising content.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of business units, including the ad sales, partnerships and strategy, ad ops, branded content, agency services, finance, product, and marketing teams.
- Advise and counsel internal stakeholders, including senior leadership, to identify critical legal issues, assess potential legal options, and provide advice and recommendations.
- Supervise other team members, potentially including those who work on agreements related to production of branded content (including talent and influencer agreements, and production and professional services agreements), programmatic advertising, and international sales.
- Support efforts to create efficiencies, including developing policies, processes, and templates.
WHO YOU ARE
- You must have a law degree from an ABA-accredited law school and must be a member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- 5+ years relevant legal and/or business affairs experience, preferably in-house or at a law firm working in media, digital media, and/or entertainment industry(ies).
- Experience working with brands and advertising agencies, including familiarity with insertion orders and IAB terms and conditions for digital advertising.
- Skills and experience necessary to advise on a broad range of the legal issues related to digital advertising businesses, including intellectual property and consumer protection issues.
- Experience working in a cross-department, cross-functional role requiring excellent client relationship skills, including the ability to independently solicit the advice and input of different stakeholders as necessary and appropriate, preferred but not required.
- Excellent negotiating skills, keen analytical abilities, a pragmatic approach to problem solving, as well as a track record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-paced, technology-driven business environment.
- Proven ability to quickly understand complex products and services, while identifying key issues and risks and offering creative solutions for business enablement.
- Professional, personable, approachable, and courteous demeanor.
- Creative, collaborative, ‘roll up your sleeves’ type of team player, who can function independently and within a team and adapt to changes in circumstances.
- Prior people management experience is preferred, but not required.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch!
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is either based in NYC or regional to NYC in order to allow periodic travel to Vox Media’s New York City offices. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits .
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values , and our approach to corporate citizenship .
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team ( ).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @ email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud,
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 26 May 2022 07:40:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!