Job title: Senior Corporate Banking Portfolio Manager
Company: Citizens Bank
Job description: Citizens Bank is seeking an experienced Portfolio Manager to join our Southeast team.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for effective credit and risk administration with particular emphasis on adherence to credit policy and requirements, financial analysis/modeling, risk evaluation, on-going portfolio maintenance activities, and as needed client support for an assigned portfolio of Mid Corporate clients (annual sales revenue between $500MM and $5B).
This position is responsible for:
- Ensuring overall portfolio performance and asset quality remains strong and is able to independently assess, and, jointly with Relationship Managers, develop strategies and actions to resolve issues that could increase risk and/or create loss for the Bank.
- Independently interacting with senior management of customers and prospects in order to discuss and resolve risk related issues, develop and deliver presentations to senior management and at credit review and approval meetings, exhibits skill at negotiation and the development of loan structuring options, engages with Syndications on multi-bank transactions and is skilled in the area of large exposures and complex credit situations.
- Managing a portfolio of the most complex credits and will perform the functions of the position with only periodic oversight and is expected to perform with very limited supervisory intervention.
Specific tasks may include:
- Assure compliance with Citizens commercial credit policy. Effectively maintain high quality credit file documentation. Applies credit skills, product knowledge, and sound judgment to assess credit risk. Exhibits knowledge of various types of loan terms and conditions and understanding of loan documentation. Consistently adheres to all regulatory compliance requirements.
- Post Closing Audit for new loans, renewals, and modifications, running financial models using a variety of formats/systems, preparing annual reviews, renewal requests, reviewing Borrowing Base Certificates and surfacing liquidity concerns, preparation of CPS and appendices, Sponsor/Guarantor analyses, completion of regular compliance checks. Prepares underwriting documents for new credit transactions and gains approval, in concert with Relationship Management. Negotiates loan documents, prepares and reviews financial models for accuracy, is skilled at addressing Past Due situations and has extensive knowledge of credit policies and in particular. Can complete the most complex underwriting documents with minimal involvement from the RM or application of the policies to a variety of situations.
- Oversee assigned portfolio of credits and anticipates portfolio problems and takes action to develop solutions, handles multiple demands and competing priorities meets deadlines and schedules associated with maintaining portfolio compliance with credit and risk policies.
- Actively and effectively manage assigned portfolio including, but not limited to: tracking of delinquency, exceptions, matured loans, collateral monitoring, financial statement receipt and analysis, covenant compliance monitoring, annual review process, proper completion and validation of credit grading models, quarterly/monthly monitoring requirements, and needed modifications.
- Provide feedback, direction and oversight by reviewing the work done by credit analysts or junior PMs who are supporting a senior level PM with the tasks noted above as part of Portfolio Management & Oversight.
- Provide client management support for assigned portfolio. Regular level of direct client interaction and can resolve the most complex issues related to credit monitoring and administration with client directly. Understands and stays abreast of industry information related to the customer segment and/or industries represented within the assigned portfolio. Shares insights and learnings with other RMs and PMs. Actively engages with Relationship Managers on progress, issues, and challenges regarding a particular customer relationship or portfolio concern. Pro-actively offers ideas and solutions to address issues in partnership with RMs. Develops and presents credits during reviews and approval meetings, engages with Syndications on multi-bank transactions, and prepares pitch books for new client acquisition.
- Exhibit expert knowledge or clients/credits included in the portfolio when interacting with peers, relationship manager, team leader, and senior managers across departments/work teams. Exhibits comprehensive written and verbal communication skills. Regularly interacts with and develops relationships with existing and potential customers. Fully understands suite of cross sell services and can convey benefits of such to existing client base. May review work of other portfolio managers or credit analysts who may perform financial analysis or modeling (in support of an expert level PM) for completeness and accuracy. Regularly acts as a coach and mentor for junior level PMs and credit analysts. Pro-actively builds relationships both within department and across business unit. Shows ability to influence RMs around credit decisions. Is able to view credit/client situations from multiple angles and can debate the merits of a given transaction and defend position both internally and externally.
- 10+ years of experience and exhibited competency in financial analysis and credit structuring, understanding and applying credit policy, and credit monitoring and risk administration practices. Bachelors Degree required.
- Expected to have highly advanced level of credit experience, documentation experience in proposing and negotiating, both internally and externally, credit and covenant structures and documenting loans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Self starter, enjoying working in an entrepreneurial environment, proven ability in adaptability and problem solving.
- Highly skilled in financial modeling and able to quickly structure credit in modeling environment. Able to advise RMs on how to structure the credit relationship.
- Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to Bank.
- Has deep understanding of industry nuances applicable to the credits contained within assigned portfolio.
- Displays deep understanding of capital structures, with clear knowledge of the difference between senior and other layers of debt.
- Highly developed communication skills; and ability to influences others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions.
- Strong PC Proficiency and Microsoft Office applications, advanced knowledge of different financial modeling systems and strong presentation development and delivery skills.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Location: Atlanta, TX – Houston, TX
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 00:14:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!