Job title: Senior Accountant
Company: Preston Companies
Job description: Quality, Integrity, Service Its the way we do business. For over 40 years, Preston Companies has been delivering excellence as an engineering utility contractor in California. We complete close to 200 projects annually for developers, contractors and municipalities.
We are currently looking for a full time Senior Accountant. The position will be reporting to our Assistant Controller/ Controller.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the general ledger for five business units in accordance with U.S GAAP.
- Maintaining and reconciling Balance Sheet, General Ledger and sub-ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations
- Monitor daily cash and cash management reconciliation.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Oversee Fixed Asset management.
- Work closely with the Assistant Controller or Controller to coordinate month end and year end close schedules and intercompany account reconciliations.
- Contributing to the development and recommendation of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Supervise accounting staff.
Successful applicants will possess:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting with a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- At least 7 years of accounting experience.
- Previous construction industry experience including percentage of completion accounting, job costing, and contract billings is a definite plus.
- Ability to work regularly in our offices in Milpitas, and/or San Jose.
- Public accounting experience and familiarity with multi-entity accounting is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills such as VLOOKUP and PIVOT functions.
- Strong financial analysis, organizational and stress management skills.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
Benefits Include: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off
Preston Pipelines Inc. is an employer committed to the principles of a drug-free workplace, equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $75000 – 90000 per year
Location: Milpitas, CA
Job date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 07:03:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!