Job title: Science/STEM/CTE Teacher – Clyde Boyd Middle School
Company: Sand Springs Public Schools
Job description: Position Description
Position available for the 2022-23 school year
POSITION TITLE: Middle School Science/STEM/Career Tech. Education (CTE)
ADDITIONAL Resources: $2,200.00 Stipend (paid through CTE), Project budget provided by CTE
- Valid Oklahoma Teaching Certificate in Assigned Subject(s)
- Middle School Science Teacher: Elementary Certification or Middle School Science Certification
- Project Lead the Way Training Preferred (Applicant must be willing to train if needed)
- Pass an OSBI Background Check
REPORTS TO: Principal Angelia Noel
Supervises: Assigned Paraprofessionals, Volunteers, and Students
Evaluation: Annually Pursuant to Oklahoma Law (TLE)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and implements classroom procedures designed to maximize student learning in an environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares detailed weekly written lesson plans consistent with Oklahoma Academic Standards designed to teach skills on course curriculum maps and timely submission of plans to the assigned principal.
- Complies with and fully implements all Individualized Education Plans and behavioral or academic interventions.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom, including the physical arrangement of the room, student records, and materials.
- Handles routine classroom discipline fairly.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct. For the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintain order in the classroom fairly and justly.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings and conferences, including professional development and planning meetings, and strives for professional growth.
- Maintains complete and accurate student records, including attendance, performance, and discipline.
- Provides professional and regular feedback to students and parents, ensuring compliance with all laws and district policies and procedures, and communicates regularly with parents utilizing notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Utilizes professional behavior in all school-related interactions.
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and board policies and procedures.
- Uses formative and summative data to guide instruction, plan for student interventions, and communicate progress to parents.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction, adapting the curriculum as needed.
- Provides a technology-enriched environment to support student learning.
- Maintains availability to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of teacher assistants, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Collaborates with other professionals to enrich and improve students’ academic progress.
- Provides Distance Learning as necessary
- Performs all other tasks as a supervisor may assign
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Project Lead the Way
- Various STEM Education components (wide range of fields available; medical, engineering, and computers)
Participate in curriculum review and design.
Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
Diagnose and evaluates student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
Plan a program of study that meets the students’ individual needs, interests, and abilities.
Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
Assess students’ accomplishments regularly and provide progress reports as required.
Refer students for alternative services offered by the District (ESL, Reading, Special Reading).
Effectively implement district initiatives.
Effectively collaborate with department and grade level teachers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: * This position offers a $2,200.00 stipend and funding is provided through Career Tech for projects. The teacher would manage this budget.
- Abide by state statutes, school board policies, and regulations.
- Attend meetings and performs duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Remain current on instructional practices in education. (e.g., instructional technology)
Physical Demands: This is an overview intended for compliance with the ADA – it is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific position.
Regular Requirements: Stand for extended periods; walk; twist at the neck and trunk; bend and reach with hands and arms overhead, above the shoulder, and horizontally; repetitive use of fingers and hands to grasp and/or operate equipment and demonstrate lessons to students.
Occasional Requirements: Lift/move up to 25 pounds, ability to administer CPR
Visual Requirements: Close, color, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus
Hearing/Speaking Requirements: Adequate to exchange information
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Title : Science/STEM/CTE Teacher – Clyde Boyd Middle School
Primary Location : Clyde Boyd Middle School
Salary Range : Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Job date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 06:21:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!