Job title: Risk Control Manager (Whitefish Mountain Resort)
Job description: JOB DESCRIPTION
Winter Sports, Inc.
Title: Risk Control Manager
Department: Human Resources
Status: Full Time Year Round
FLSA: Exempt, Salary
Updated: April 2022
Job Summary: The Risk Control Manager is responsible for the oversight, development and implementation of all Health and Safety programs at Whitefish Mountain Resort including workers’ compensation and insurance programs & guest safety policies.
- Reports to: Director of Human Resources
- Employees Supervised: None
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health preferred; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Safety Professional certification preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, contractor agreements, release of liability waivers.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to communicate in all forms with legal counsel and governmental institutions as required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft office, including Teams with a special emphasis in Excel.
- Develops and implements the organization’s risk management program in a manner that fulfills the strategic goals of WMR while complying with state and federal laws and accreditation standards related to safety and risk.
- Work collaboratively with the resort management team to design and deliver comprehensive safety management programs for the resort
- Ensure departments are meeting OSHA training requirements seasonally and annually. Ensure that department leads are tracking employee compliance with training requirements.
- Support OSHA training needs for the department; design, build templates for training power points and training tools. Train managers on presenting topics to their staff.
- Identify, implement, lead, and support safety policies/programs/practices that promote a positive company-wide Safety Culture.
- Work closely with operations personnel and influence key-stakeholders to assure employee and guest safety is managed proactively day-to-day.
- Audit, review and ensure departments update their Department Risk Assessments annually.
- Conduct facility and on mountain audits related to health, safety and risk, include senior leadership on the audit walk arounds.
- Ensure all open action items identified during internal and external audits are closed in a timely manner. Prepare reports related to open, pending and the closed status of risk action items to senior leadership.
- Utilize WMR work order management system to add all plant maintenance required safety issued work orders.
- Respond to incidents and have availability or agreed upon coverage 24/7.
- Oversee and conduct incident investigations and root cause analysis reports identifying root causes, lessons learned and opportunities for improvements for employee, guest incidents and resort property damage.
- Effectively communicate incident investigation findings and partner with management to assure completion of corrective actions.
- Oversee the Emergency Management Plans for the resort, including the Incident Command System built out in conjunction with the Big Mountain Fire Department. Update and distribute Summer/Winter Emergency Response Quick Cards. Ensure each department has an emergency response plan. Organize and facilitate emergency response drills.
- Provide creative solutions to generate employee and guest involvement in the safety processes.
- Review loss information and provide reporting, including trends for employee and guest safety.
- Work closely with insurance and legal to mitigate and close issues with resort claims.
- Advise senior management on the goals, successes and plans of the Health and Safety programs improvement, including compliance status, shaping plans and safety opportunities for management reviews.
- Participate in the resort SAM meetings; and attend various operational meetings.
- Work collaboratively with HR and Corp Admin regarding the proper management of Workers’ Comp or General Liability claims.
Safety & Wellness:
All team members must be on constant alert for any unsafe conditions and work behaviors. This will involve, but not be limited to, periodic inspections of work and public areas. Follow up notification will be done to correct the condition or practice at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to taste or smell.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to function effectively in inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time up to 6 hours daily.
- Ability to ski or snowboard at intermediate level.
- Requires extended periods of computer keyboard use and viewing a computer monitor.
- Ability to work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as required.
- Non-smoking environment.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Winter Sports, Inc. management at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.
Location: Whitefish, MT
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 07:14:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!