Job title: Purchasing Specialist
Company: Soho Studio/TileBar
Job description: Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
The value of a Soho Studio/ TileBar job is more than a paycheck.
Committed to your Growth: Professional training opportunities.
People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen.
Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work.
Investing in You: Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Free daily lunch and more!
Soho Studio/ TileBar is a direct importer and retailer of mosaics, natural stone, and porcelain tile. We are driven by creativity and an endless passion for helping our customers find the perfect tile for their project. Each person on our team is eager to develop a long-lasting relationship with our customers. Soho Studio/ TileBar is a strong, personality-driven brand that’s carved a unique niche in the renovation and interior design landscape, with a customer experience that remains unmatched in style, service, and selection. Our goal is to deliver our customers endless inspiration and the perfect tile pairing for their design project. Soho Studio/ TileBar is strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism, and financial strength.
Are you ready to take the next step and work for a growing company that requires a high level of skill using modern practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our associates are trained to provide superior performance. We care about your safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our team members and managers. Integrity, Communication, Adaptability, Care, Personality, great benefits, and rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
The Purchasing Specialist will support the procurement department by building professional partnerships to source and acquire all useable products for the distribution centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Understand all supply needs for the business.
- Maintaining vendor relationships and working with vendors to retrieve relevant information.
- Maintain knowledge of product structure and merchandising.
- Document account activities in program software.
- Source venders for multiple reusable products and materials.
- Work with other multiple internal and external business partners.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Identify and address problems as they arise.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience: Minimum (1-3) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience: Greater than (1-3) years of relevant work experience in procurement, sourcing, supply chain is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Experience in product sourcing and procurement is preferred.
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with all members of the team.
- Ability to multitask across several projects.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Salespad is a plus.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus.
- Excellent with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Normal setting for this job is an office environment.
At Soho Studio/ TileBar, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Company match on 401K, and Free Daily Lunch! Our employees also receive Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and Floating Holidays.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”
Location: Inwood, Manhattan, NY
Job date: Sat, 28 May 2022 07:04:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!